Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment system down

GeorgieEmily
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone else recently made a manual payment such as on the website or app (not by direct debit), and it’s been duplicated AND O2 are not receiving it? 

My payment was made yesterday for the amount due, which is normally instantly on my account summary as having been paid. 

However yesterday the same amount was duplicated 4 times and is stuck in pending on my bank’s end, while it seems O2 are not “claiming” it. 

All the while, my account remains overdue now and with a new red banner saying it’s in arrears (it’s been one day)!! 

I’ve called numerous times and got nowhere (obvs). 

Barclays have said they’ll raise a fraud claim back if it’s not claimed by O2 in a few days but in the meantime I’m out of pocket 4 times the bill amount while O2’s system is down. 

I called again today and was encouraged to try again - I did it while he was on the phone and lo and behold the same amount left my bank again and O2 are stuck on not claiming it! That’s 5 payments now and O2 still refusing to accept or return any while sticking my account into “overdue”. 

The advisor I spoke to today admitted there’s a huge issue with their payment system at the moment but basically gaslighted me on my issue “your bank will get it back for you” “I dunno what to do” “don’t pay again but I can’t stop your account being overdue” 

The guy I spoke to was ok on this occasion albeit useless, the 20 or so phone calls prior were met with sheer contempt for customers. 

anyone else having a similar payment problem at the moment? 

I’ve just been paid so can wait a few days for Barclays to reclaim 4 payments and only leave 1 for O2 (if O2 get it together and actually claim a payment made)… but if this was the end of the month I’d be penniless with O2 commandeering nearly £350 and refusing to accept there’s a problem! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@GeorgieEmily Are you calling the Payment Management Team number? If not, here it is: 0800 902 0217

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (now X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@GeorgieEmily 

Known issue on here with many posting the same experiences.

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do here.

Keep bugging O2 and maybe consider a direct debit to prevent future issues?

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

GeorgieEmily
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, it’s kind of helpful to know it’s a known issue and not just me. It’s just so difficult as O2 customer service have such contempt for their customers, I rarely have an issue in 15 years but this one time I’m astonished by how useless calling O2 for help us 

Message 4 of 15

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@GeorgieEmily Customer Services has certainly got worse.

The mark of a good company is how quickly and effectively it deals with problems, O2 fails on this count and compounds, in some cases, blaming the customer for their own failings

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 15

GeorgieEmily
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got around this - by accident or not I don’t know but I paid using Apple Pay from my other Barclays debit card and it went through instantly with no issue! 

But, 5 payments duplicated remain in pending from my bank and O2 still refuse to accept it’s their fault! 

I broke it down into three steps:

I pay 

the bank release funds 

O2 claim funds 

O2 still refuse to accept that there’s an issue between step 2 and 3, and that they need to stop incorrectly screaming at customers that they can’t see payments so they’re putting the account into arrears! 

I also had a text and email saying my services were restricted! 

If anyone has additional funds to try again then I’d suggest paying with Apple Pay from another card and see if that works although I appreciate not many people have 5 or 6 times the amount owed to mess about with! 

I’ve just been paid but if this was the end of the month I certainly couldn’t lose 5 extra payments while O2 refuse accept them 

Message 6 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@GeorgieEmily 

Issues with manual payments have been going on for years.

Unlikely to ever change soon, but we are all aware of the issues.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 15

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5709 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@GeorgieEmily 

Have you posted this on two different threads ?

i think that I have just replied to this query of yours elsewhere ! 🤣 

Message 8 of 15

George2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

this company has become ******, because of them I'm not working today because I don't have internet, I made four plans and I'm getting rejected by them, you don't understand what happened with this company or try another company.

Message 9 of 15

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5709 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@George2 

You have posted that comment onto a thread that has been dormant since early November 2023. Do you have a question for this customer to customer community ? 

Alternatively, you might want to consider contacting O2 Customer Service if you have an issue that is specific to your account :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 10 of 15