Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls - no caller ID

Roman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since Thursday all of my incoming calls are coming through as ‘No Caller ID’. This includes all of my saved contacts. I’ve checked all of my phone settings, completed a network reset, installed the latest iOS,

called O2 twice (they just googled it and offered no solutions!), been to a store and done a SIM swap. When another SIM,

with another account and number, is placed into my phone it works fine! It seems to be baffling everyone. Anyone have any ideas??….

Message 1 of 263
262 REPLIES 262

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Alastair-1 

Good luck and please update us on progress or ask if you need further help. 

Message 241 of 263

Alastair-1
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Oxonian,

Well I'm sorry to say that it has not worked for me. Long contact with Technical Help and I am no further forward. WEnt through a whole lot of things I had already done, all sorts of strange instructions to change settings on my mhone and so on, followed by conversation leading towards its is a fault with my phone. NO there is nothing wrong with my phone, basically I came out of the whole experience no better off, and more frustrated. Wait another 24 or 48 hours he said,   What For????  I'm not impressed at all, so I'll see what happens in another 24 hours then I'll probably be seriously contemplating just leaving O2. It makes no sense, since Virgin Mobile, EE and before that GiffGaff, never had this issue, but now I'm direct with O2 I have this difficulty. 

It has to be an issue with O2 and at their end now they have taken Virgin Mobile ccustomers in house.

Not a happy person.

Alastair

Message 242 of 263

Oxonian
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Alastair-1 

Thank you for articulating your issues so very clearly. I hope that the 24 or 48 hour wait solves the problem, but like you I am sceptical. 

Please keep us updated and good luck if you do move onto another network or virtual provider. 

Message 243 of 263

Alastair-1
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Oxonian,

Thank you. I just so disappointed that the Technician did not feel able to say "I'm sorry, I don't know the answer, but leave it with me to resolve and I'll come back to you" but no. it's just turned back on the customer to take it on the chin, and find their own way out. Not exactly constructive problem solving Technical assistance. I'll wait it little longer then make my next decision.

A

Message 244 of 263

Oxonian
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Alastair-1 

You are certainly not the only member of this forum to have expressed those feelings. Some issues will require research and not be capable of immediate resolution, but there should be a clear path and a commitment to keep the customer informed.    

Message 245 of 263

Alastair-1
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Oxonian,

RESULT - Dare I say it? I have just returned from speaking to the Manager at my local O2 shop (Weston Favell, Northampton, UK). He told me, without hesitation, and as soon as I had briefly told him the problem of no Caller ID on incoming Calls, O2 has e-mailed all their shop managers telling them that this is "A Known Problem with O2 System / Network and they are working to fix it" also to "Apologise to customers who suffer with this, telling them it will be resolved as soon as possible"

SO - This is NOTHING to do with Customers 'phones - phone settings or any of the other 100 and 1 reasons given out, this A NETWORK PROBLEM,. O2 have finally taken ownership of it.  Even the Manager I was speaking to is experiencing the identical issues on a Samsung Phone, and he's not transferred from Virgin Mobile to O2. I'm afraid we have all been treated to "Smokle and Mirrors".

The Manager told me his instructions are to ask affected customers to please be patient which the matter is resolved, as it will be, and to accept O2 apologies.

Watch this space. This explanation would appear to be honest, logical and believeable one, since all the previous stuff from THEIR Technical Dept, was not.

I'm keeping the faith - for the moment.

Alastair

Message 246 of 263

Alastair-1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Roman

See my post at 10:31 this morning 6th Nov 2023.

Alastair

Message 247 of 263

Oxonian
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Alastair-1 

I suppose that is progress ; how long you will need to wait is unclear ? 

I suggest that you make that manager your first point of contact for the moment, but do please keep us updated on developments.  

Message 248 of 263

Alastair-1
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Oxonian,

How long is a piece of string???😏 Given the manner of the conversation, I did feel that I was getting "the truth", especially since the man himself was experiencing the very same problem.  It is a technical issue, and I can only assume they will want to get it resolved  without further delay.

Sadly, I don't suppose O2 will have the gumption to broadcast a  Text Message to customers notifying us that that problem is resolved - that would be too much to expect. We'll simply have to keep an eye on incoming calls.

I'll put something here if I have any further information of value.🤞

Alastair

Message 249 of 263

Oxonian
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Alastair-1 

Thanks. 

Message 250 of 263