My O2 issues signing in

Rev
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For over 2 months I have been unable to sign into MyO2 account 

‘oooops something went wrong ‘ etc etc 

I can sign into O2 on a web access but says ‘ no accounts linked to this’ !!!

I have logged with O2 customer services several times and had it supposedly escalated to the Technical Team with no resolution 

last Saturday a call from O2 within their ridiculous 10 day lead time went through the same dialogue and said he was just a manager !!! I was out at the time of the call and he said he would call back in 2 hours when I was back and had access to a computer to try an alternative browser …

no return call !!!!

tried a Windows 11 using Microsoft Edge 12? Still the same

so since O2 have migrated details to a new system called ‘ 360’ our 2 mobile accounts are now linked to what I’m told is a generic email address !!!!

So …. 

why did the migration go wrong 

why can’t O2 resolve this 

why does it take 10 days to get back

why don’t O2 get back as promised 

why can’t I use a Virgin / O2 sign in 

why have O2 increased prices so much 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Rev
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am I the only one with these issues !!!!???

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Rev 

O2 have messed up a system update which is effecting thousands of customers.

You'll need a new email address that's not been used on O2 before.

This is a customer to customer community, not O2, so we cannot access your account, sorry.

You need to contact O2.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Rev wrote:

So …. 

why did the migration go wrong  - Because it's O2

why can’t O2 resolve this  - see above

why does it take 10 days to get back - see above

why don’t O2 get back as promised - see above

why can’t I use a Virgin / O2 sign in - Because the system is screwed up

why have O2 increased prices so much - Because they can and you agreed to it when signing your contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

Rev
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Using a new email address is NOT a resolution but a work around to a monumental problem with the migration …. O2 need to resolve the problem surely ….

is that tooooo much to ask ….

Message 5 of 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37504 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

@Rev wrote:

Using a new email address is NOT a resolution but a work around to a monumental problem with the migration …. O2 need to resolve the problem surely ….

Normally, no - but "because it's VMO2"... as above.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Rev wrote:

No one here will argue with that, but your complaints will go unheard on here.

One way you can be heard is to register a complaint, but I'm not sure it will get you any resolution any faster.

You're not the first and you won't be the last.

make a complaint

Message 7 of 8

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

@Rev Can you please drop me a PM with some of your details and I'll take a closer look 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 8 of 8