Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls - no caller ID

Roman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since Thursday all of my incoming calls are coming through as ‘No Caller ID’. This includes all of my saved contacts. I’ve checked all of my phone settings, completed a network reset, installed the latest iOS,

called O2 twice (they just googled it and offered no solutions!), been to a store and done a SIM swap. When another SIM,

with another account and number, is placed into my phone it works fine! It seems to be baffling everyone. Anyone have any ideas??….

Message 1 of 263
262 REPLIES 262

paul-j
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am a new O2 customer following Virgin mobile's decision to sell/give it's customers to O2. It has been a rocky two weeks, but now my phone is working, except the incoming caller ID issue shared here. As part of resolving other issues, O2 sent me a new sim card. Before the swap (following their procedure), caller ID was OK, but since the swap I get the "Unknown" as caller ID. I have checked all the permissions, and it seems everything is in order, so I guess I will have to go through the pain of calling 202 again...

Message 221 of 263

Amyww
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you get anywhere following your call to 202 @paul-j ?

Message 222 of 263

paul-j
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called, and was told settings were adjusted at their end which should resolve the issue after 24 hours. Over a week later - no change. I need to summon the energy to ring them again. Since I'm on SIM only, if they don't sort this out, I may just bail out and go elsewhere. I had no issues with Virgin, but O2 is a whole different ballgame 😡

Message 223 of 263

Amyww
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Interesting that they seemed to at least have something in mind as a resolution. I've not had a single response to the plethora of tickets raised in over 2 months. My only concern with switching networks is that the issue would persist after porting my number over. 

Message 224 of 263

IanE
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm also new to O2, ported from Virgin. Initially I wasn't getting mobile data, and eventually persuaded them to send a new SIM. That (installed last Tuesday) sorted the mobile data but has now introduced the dreaded "unknown" caller id. No help at all on the automated assistant so I suppose the only answer is 202?

Message 225 of 263

markyp
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Best of luck with that.i have had ongoing issues for over a week being given the runaround by technical services.tred again this morning after being told over the weekend that it would be resolved in 24 hrs.it wasn't surprise surprise.was given another escalation ref number and told they will look into it.what the hell are O2 playing at? There is obviously a massive problem so why aren't they sorting it??!! It is now leaving me in an incredibly vulnerable situation because if my type of employment and personal circumstance.

Message 226 of 263

Rodders2
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi o2 Sarah, I have had exactly the same problem (no incoming caller ID) since I bought my new feature phone over two months ago so I never know who is calling. I have had multiple calls to 202 and been back to o2 shop on several occasions where first the sim, then later the phone (Alcatel 3080) both replaced with still the same issue. Hope you can help or advise!

Many thanks, Rod 

Message 227 of 263

Rodders2
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi again, sorry I'm just getting used to this forum posting. I forgot to say that I have been with o2 having bought a basic Samsung E-1200 back in 2010 and had no problem until my now 13 year old Samsung began to go faulty, ehnce the new upgrade to the Actel 3080 aslo a basic feature phone (non smart). It was then (July 2023) that with me new phone I have has no incoming caller ID.

I would appreciate any help with this since calling 202 and the shop is no help with this.

Thanks again, Rod

Message 228 of 263

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7683 Posts
  • 150 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Rodders2 

You will not get a reply from @O2Sarah as the customer service staff are no longer working on this forum. 

Have you read this thread in its entirety to see if any of the suggested solutions work for you ?  

Message 229 of 263

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Rodders2 

We  don't have any forum advisers here now. If you can't call O2, then contact them via social media.

Message O2 on social media on Instagram https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW). 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 230 of 263