Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls - no caller ID

Roman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since Thursday all of my incoming calls are coming through as ‘No Caller ID’. This includes all of my saved contacts. I’ve checked all of my phone settings, completed a network reset, installed the latest iOS,

called O2 twice (they just googled it and offered no solutions!), been to a store and done a SIM swap. When another SIM,

with another account and number, is placed into my phone it works fine! It seems to be baffling everyone. Anyone have any ideas??….

Message 1 of 263
262 REPLIES 262

ElMark
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I’m having the same ‘No Caller ID’ problem…any help would be appreciated 

Message 211 of 263

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12397 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Let's see if the community advisors can help with this @ElMark 

Can you get in touch to see if you can fix this please @O2Sarah- or @O2Emma ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 212 of 263

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@ElMark I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 213 of 263

mtbkun
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called 202 and asked for technical support. 

Message 214 of 263

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@mtbkun wrote:

I called 202 and asked for technical support. 

And did you get the problem sorted, @mtbkun?

Message 215 of 263

mtbkun
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I did. After 6 days with 12 different technicians. I have posted the solutions on my first post. I think O2 staff on here needs to step up their game rather than just saying "  Thanks for the tag, I will send you a private message so we can look into this. " that means they don't know what to do. 

Message 216 of 263

Amyww
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For anyone hoping for a swift resolution to this, I hope for your sake your experience differs from mine.

Issue ongoing for almost 2 months now. Tickets raised by the O2 staff on the forum a month ago, as well as 2 tickets prior to that which went unresolved. Called a week ago to be told all tickets had been closed but the issue was still ongoing. Another 2 tickets raised last week, the deadline by which I was told I’d receive an update has passed. 

My No Caller ID issue is coupled with an inability to use voicemail, when I try and switch it on it fails and states “we can’t switch on your messaging service as we have not received your number” 

Tried asking 8 different advisors on 202 regarding the caller line identity trick but none know what I’m talking about. 

Just waiting for the 8 weeks to elapse since my formal complaint so it can be raised with the ombudsman, I’ve lost all faith at this point that O2 will be able to fix this. 

Message 217 of 263

pgn
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Amyww wrote:

For anyone hoping for a swift resolution to this, I hope for your sake your experience differs from mine.

Issue ongoing for almost 2 months now. Tickets raised by the O2 staff on the forum a month ago, as well as 2 tickets prior to that which went unresolved. Called a week ago to be told all tickets had been closed but the issue was still ongoing. Another 2 tickets raised last week, the deadline by which I was told I’d receive an update has passed. 

My No Caller ID issue is coupled with an inability to use voicemail, when I try and switch it on it fails and states “we can’t switch on your messaging service as we have not received your number” 

Tried asking 8 different advisors on 202 regarding the caller line identity trick but none know what I’m talking about. 

Just waiting for the 8 weeks to elapse since my formal complaint so it can be raised with the ombudsman, I’ve lost all faith at this point that O2 will be able to fix this. 

As the Forum has lost the small group of dedicated advisors this week, it is unlikely you will receive any further follow-up, @Amyww - the best avenue of support is going to be the O2 Social Media Team as described in the link just below this post.

Meantime, if you wish to complain, the "Resolver" process described about two-thirds the way down this page seems to get good results: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Good luck!

Message 218 of 263

Amyww
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @pgn 

I’m not seeking a response from any of the advisors as it’s fruitless, just wanted to give other people browsing the forum for this issue, an idea of what they may be in for.

Resolver complaint lodged 2 weeks ago and no response from O2 besides the generic auto response so far, despite the expectation of a response within 7 days. 

Message 219 of 263

pgn
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Took almost all of August for a response from O2 when I used it some years ago. Case closed by late September. If you need an idea of how these things go, @Amyww 👍

Message 220 of 263