Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls - no caller ID

Roman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since Thursday all of my incoming calls are coming through as ‘No Caller ID’. This includes all of my saved contacts. I’ve checked all of my phone settings, completed a network reset, installed the latest iOS,

called O2 twice (they just googled it and offered no solutions!), been to a store and done a SIM swap. When another SIM,

with another account and number, is placed into my phone it works fine! It seems to be baffling everyone. Anyone have any ideas??….

Message 1 of 263
262 REPLIES 262

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

You missed Ryan for today, @Blaze_One - but @O2Emma is on now until early evening, if that helps?

Message 151 of 263

Blaze_One
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @pgn 

Any help will do! slight_smile Sadly, @O2Ryan never got back to me after sending him the details he requested - not even a courtesy email to explain what (if anything) had been undertaken to resolve my issue. I sent him, along with @O2Sarah- messages earlier today but still no response.   Perhaps @O2Emma will be better placed to assist.

Hi @O2Emma - are you able to help with my current plight.  I am an o2 customer of nearly 10 years.  I have recently had to change SIM as the new phone I have is 5G compatible (whereas my old phone wasn't).  Having undertaken the SIM swap, all incoming calls are coming in as Private Calls/No caller ID.  I have spent countless hours trying to resolve this, including 3 hours at an o2 store last Friday to no avail.  Please help!

Kind regards

Message 152 of 263

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Blaze_One I will send you a private message to look into this for you .

signature
Message 153 of 263

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @O2Georgina Can you look into this for @Blaze_One please.

signature
Message 154 of 263

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma 

@Blaze_One  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 155 of 263

Blaze_One
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Georgina, I am trying to private message you back, but the platform is stating that I have reached my limit for today!? Please see my response attached:

Issue started as soon as I undertook a SIM SWAP which was on the 27 April 2023. I have moved from an iPhone 6s to a S23+.  The SIM swap took place on the 27 April 2023 and ever since then, I have had NO caller ID.  ALL calls received are denoted as a PRIVATE NUMBER.  I have not had at any point since the SIM swap caller ID functionality.

This matter is meant to have been escalated to engineers/"O2 Gurus"/the technical team since last week.  No one from O2 has bothered to call and provide an update, nor has my issue been resolved (including over 3 hrs at the O2 shop in Farnborough).  Since the SIM swap, I have also lost access to my voicemail.  I was advised by one of your colleagues to dial 1750 - which I have done - but the message I receive when I dial 1750 is "can't set up as we have not received your number"

So I don't have caller ID OR access to a voicemail on my account.

Could you please provide a time scale as to when this will be resolved. Your colleague Emma has also advised I have been put on a "new platform". What is this new platform that I am on and are you able to access it - is this the 360 platform that the O2 store advised me of? Is it possible this is what is causing all my problems?

Many thanks

Message 156 of 263

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@Blaze_One  I will send my reply privately

as this is a public forum

signature
Message 157 of 263

Blaze_One
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Georgina @O2Emma @O2Ryan @O2Sarah- It has now been over 5 working days since I reported this issue (despite claims to the contrary and as confirmed with a colleague of yours at O2 customers services on the phone yesterday).  I was told this issue would be resolved within that time frame and to-date, this has not been the case.

Please advise, failing which, I will have no option but to contact OFCOM and report this matter.

Kind regards.

Message 158 of 263

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@Blaze_One  I will send you a private message as this is a public forum

signature
Message 159 of 263

ACE1979
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello! 
can I please be added to the list of accounts with no incoming caller ID. Have been through chat and reset phone (even though EE SIM works fine in this phone), and now tried a new SIM. If there’s a fix, please can @O2Georgina @O2Sarah or someone else help me too! (And maybe let your chat guys/girls know so they can do it too!)

thanks

anna

Message 160 of 263