Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan tech support

Andrew_Hurst
Level 1: Joiner
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been an o2 customer since 31st January 2023, signed up to the Volt package, as i took out the M500 Virgin media broadband package also.

I have 2 issues with my o2 account, as follows;

Although my Volt benefits states it is activated (when i check this on my o2 app or webpage), the benefits are still not live.  This has been in the state for over 2 weeks.  I spoke to an o2 advisor on the phone yesterday (for 1hr 20mins) and he concluded that the Volt benefits are not activated as my home address on the virgin media account is slightly different to the home address on my o2 account.  Is this factual and the reason why i haven’t got the volt benefits?  The advisor said i have to be an o2 customer for 30-days before i can update my address details.  How can this be wrong in the first place, as i signed up to the volt package via Virgin Media and they contacted o2 to set my SIM only account up.  Please advise. 

The second issue is my Apple Watch mobile data plan.  Firstly the Watch is mine, i purchased it direct from Apple, so all i wanted was the mobile data connection (for £5 per month).  I set up via the Watch app on my iPhone 3-weeks ago, and after putting my o2 username & password in the mobile data status then said “activating”. It was in this state for well over a week.  I logged 2 x tickets to get this resolved, i received one missed phone called, 1 x standard text message and that was it, no further contact from o2. A week ago, I decided to remove “all mobile data plans” from my Watch (via the app on my iPhone).  Yesterday i attempted to reset up the mobile data plan on my Watch, when i select “mobile data” on the Watch app, on my iPhone,  i now have an o2 message that reads “we’re setting up your Apple Watch on the o2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 free from your o2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.”

Its been over 3-weeks now and still my Apple Watch is not connected to the mobile data plan.

Can someone please help me as o2 on the telephone cannot support, i know this after making endless phone calls over the past 3-weeks.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Andrew Hurst 

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 -  i have sent you a PM yesterday evening and a second one this morning, can you please respond.

Hi @Andy__K - i have had ongoing issues for over 8-weeks and one one from O2 can seem to resolve, or in deed contact me! I tried calling 202 in the early stages and went to my local store, neither helped me!

Message 61 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 @Cleoriff @MI5 @O2Emma

@O2Sarah- 

Happy Easter All. 

9-weeks on and the issues with not being able to activate mobile data on my Apple Watch still not resolved, no direct contact from anyone from O2.

Plus over a week that my SIM in my iPhone stopped working (no service) ended up having to do a SIM swap and since then not getting caller ID, logged this with O2 as an issue a week ago…. And guess what still not resolved.  

you’re doing a great job O2 looking after your new customers. 

Message 62 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good evening all. @pgn @Martin-O2 @Cleoriff @MI5 @O2Sarah- 

I still have the ongoing issue with my O2 mobile phone account, it is now over 9-weeks.

My Apple Watch mobile data plan will not activate.

Since doing the last SIM Swap 2-weeks ago i have lost the caller ID function.

Both of the above faults have been raised with O2, as per the previous messages on this thread.

I tried to call O2 this morning on 0800 2986881 which is the number on the address details on a letter i received from the complaints review service, when i made the phone call it went via an automated loop and i was on hold for 47 minutes  and no one picked up the call, so i hung up.

I then phoned O2 customer services on 202 and spoke to an advisor (from overseas), he convinced me that i needed an ESIM which he sent me, i then logged into my O2 account and went through the process of activating the ESIM via the QR code, once it was activated i could see via my iPhone settings i had a primary mobile data plan and then a personal mobile data plan.  This was confusing and i deactivated the ESIM data plan, as im certain I didn’t need it.  However on doing this i have now lost mobile phone service to my iPhone, the physical SIM card has been blocked.

I then phoned (via my wife’s phone) O2 on the 0800 number which i tried to contact them earlier in the day, and i was on hold for over an hour, i then cancelled the call.

This now means i have to drive to the local O2 shop tomorrow to do another SIM swap.

Can someone please help me, as O2 customer service via 202 do not know what they are advising.

I have sent an email to the complaint review service asking to cancel my O2 account.

Message 63 of 73

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Andrew_Hurst I'll contact the team again for you today to get an update on on your situation. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 64 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 that would be great, thank you.

Message 65 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 just as a further update, i have contacted APPLE SUPPORT and spoken to an advisor and have gone through both of the issues i have, see below;

1. Apple Watch Mobile Data Plan - Apple support checked my iPhone and Watch hardware & software and confirmed both devices are set-up correctly and had the latest software installed.  We also went through the process of setting up the mobile data plan and once again it is now in the stage of “O2 Activating”.  The APPLE technical support advisor said this is an issue with your carrier, not the iPhone or Watch.

2. NO CALLER ID - APPLE technical support checked the settings on my iPhone, carried out a network reset, then phoned me back etc… and the NO CALLER ID is still an issue.  The APPLE technical support advisor again said this is an issue with your carrier, not the iPhone or WATCH.

Can you please relay this on to O2 Network / Technical support and again request an URGENT response please.

Thank you.

Message 66 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 @O2Sarah- @Cleoriff @MI5 

Further to the last message's I posted on this thread yesterday, is there any update as I still have the problems with NO CALLER ID when anyone phones me and my Apple Watch mobile data is still not activating, which has been ongoing for almost 10 weeks now?

Can someone please update me.

Message 67 of 73

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Andrew_Hurst nothing new from me. I'm waiting on an update but the last info I received was that your case was with the relevant team who will be in touch. I'll give you a shout as soon as I have anything new.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 68 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. @Martin-O2 @Cleoriff @MI5 @O2Emma

@O2Sarah- 

Can someone please request an update on this and have O2 Network support contact me as I do not understand why it is taking so long to resolve these issues (10 weeks now), this is just ridiculous.

Message 69 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, @Martin-O2 @Cleoriff @MI5 @O2Emma

@O2Sarah- 

Further to my last post on this thread, has anyone received feedback from O2 Network / Technical team?

I still have both issues, why cannot these be resolved and why doesn't anyone from O2 call you back?

Also, I emailed the Complaints Review Service team at the beginning of last week and still not had a reply, other than the usual automated response acknowledging receipt of my email.

Message 70 of 73