Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan tech support

Andrew_Hurst
Level 1: Joiner
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been an o2 customer since 31st January 2023, signed up to the Volt package, as i took out the M500 Virgin media broadband package also.

I have 2 issues with my o2 account, as follows;

Although my Volt benefits states it is activated (when i check this on my o2 app or webpage), the benefits are still not live.  This has been in the state for over 2 weeks.  I spoke to an o2 advisor on the phone yesterday (for 1hr 20mins) and he concluded that the Volt benefits are not activated as my home address on the virgin media account is slightly different to the home address on my o2 account.  Is this factual and the reason why i haven’t got the volt benefits?  The advisor said i have to be an o2 customer for 30-days before i can update my address details.  How can this be wrong in the first place, as i signed up to the volt package via Virgin Media and they contacted o2 to set my SIM only account up.  Please advise. 

The second issue is my Apple Watch mobile data plan.  Firstly the Watch is mine, i purchased it direct from Apple, so all i wanted was the mobile data connection (for £5 per month).  I set up via the Watch app on my iPhone 3-weeks ago, and after putting my o2 username & password in the mobile data status then said “activating”. It was in this state for well over a week.  I logged 2 x tickets to get this resolved, i received one missed phone called, 1 x standard text message and that was it, no further contact from o2. A week ago, I decided to remove “all mobile data plans” from my Watch (via the app on my iPhone).  Yesterday i attempted to reset up the mobile data plan on my Watch, when i select “mobile data” on the Watch app, on my iPhone,  i now have an o2 message that reads “we’re setting up your Apple Watch on the o2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 free from your o2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.”

Its been over 3-weeks now and still my Apple Watch is not connected to the mobile data plan.

Can someone please help me as o2 on the telephone cannot support, i know this after making endless phone calls over the past 3-weeks.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Andrew Hurst 

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi @Cleoriff @MI5 @Martin-O2 @gmarkj 

@O2Emma @O2Georgina @O2Sarah- 

My iPhone still has no service and no one from O2 has attempted to contact me.

Is there a phone number and specific department that can sort this issue out, as this is just ridiculous and very frustrating. 

Message 51 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff @MI5 @Martin-O2 @gmarkj @O2Georgina

I have been to my local O2 shop and carried out a SIM swap, which has got my iPhone back onto O2 service.  I checked it by asking my wife to call my phone, which rang (good news), however the caller ID isn't working (bad news).

I checked the toggle switch for "show my caller ID" and this set on, I even toggled it off & on a few times, but still no caller ID when someone rings my phone who is in my contacts list. I went to the Apple website and found that this is often controlled by the carrier, so, is this something you can resolve for me?

I have also gone through the process of attempting to set-up my Watch mobile data plan again, and it has been in the "activating" status for the past 3hrs, and I think its just going to be the same as it has for the past 8 weeks. Can you please request an update on this with the network team?

I have also sent this message via a PM to O2Georgina, as she sent me a message this morning, so I presume she is still on shift?

Regards,

Message 52 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 125986 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Hi @Andrew_Hurst 

Pleased something is working. @O2Georgina isn't on today or Monday.

Today we have @O2KyleW until 8pm, then on Monday we have @O2Sarah- at 8am until 2pm.

The rest of the rota is here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Account-advisors-daily-rota/m-p/1376268#M3578 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff @Martin-O2 @O2Sarah- 

Good morning,

Could someone please look into the issue i have following the required SIM swap on Saturday at my local O2 shop.  I have now lost the "caller ID" function.

Also, is there an update on the ongoing issue with not being able to activate mobile data on Apple Watch Ultra.

Thank you.

Message 54 of 73

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Andrew_Hurst I'm going to pick this up and get you in touch with someone who can get this sorted out. I'll drop you a private message to discuss further. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 55 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks Martin, will await your PM.

Message 56 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 

Any update on this please?

Message 57 of 73

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I've sent you a message @Andrew_Hurst. Get back to me there when you can. 🙂

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 58 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 

I have sent you a PM with all the details.

Thanks.

Message 59 of 73

Andy__K
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue with my Apple watch. I have been trying to solve it for the past couple of days, with numerous calls to 202 and a visit to a physical store, but to no avail. Reading this threat gets me a bit terrified, considering how long it is taking you.

I am considering just go to another phone network altogether and just transferring my number, it looks like it could be easier and quicker... 

Good luck.

Message 60 of 73