Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan error code 14

John39
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello

I’ve purchased an Apple Watch s7 from John Lewis and added a data plan to my sim only contract.

I followed the instructions on:

How do I buy an Airtime Plan on an Apple Watch that I already have?

Now, I see the data plan in MyO2, but I get this error when opening the data plan settings on my phone:

Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 14

Customer services could not resolve the issue.

•iData is enabled

•WiFi calling is ON

Looks like a common issue with devices not purchased from O2. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 310
309 REPLIES 309

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks @O2nath_ci 

@Ladderz I will send you a private message so we can check your account 

Message 211 of 310

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37223 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions
O2nath_ci wrote:

O2Sarah-  could you pick you the case for Ladderz  due to 360 account apple  watch issue with error 08 

In response to the nicely-managed team handover above, and I hope O2Sarah was able to get the apple watch error 08 issue resolved, I do have one question:

At the end of January, @ColinO2 posted:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402/highlight/true#M39424

This made a number of statements, one of which said:

• The network feels worse since I migrated

There is no difference in how your phone and sim connect to the network whether you are on our old system or our new one. All services are available and work in exactly the same way.

There has been a veritable deluge of issues being raised here about Apple iWatch and various error numbers related thereto (every time the Advisors find a fix, two more different issues crop up, as the same fix fails to work the next twice!).

I'd posit there is an interaction between 360, the in-house training on the new system, and the way adjunct contracts for full watch activation are being applied, as a very small selection of topics, some stretching to 5 or 6 pages, below shows:

• Apple Watch data plan error code 14
  • Error code 14
  • reference code 10 on Apple Watch
  • Apple Watch - Mobile Data - reference code 15
  • Error 106 with cellular activation of Apple Watch...
  • Apple Watch Cellular Data Problem
  • ...etc etc etc

Solutions range from: reset watch e-sim, apply for a new e-sim, replace phone physical SIM, make sure WiFi calling is enabled, *don't* enable WiFi calling, re-apply the PAC process, my SIM got deactivated when I contacted CS and now I can't contact CS or anyone else, etc, etc.

Any comment from O2, via @ColinO2 or @Chris_K or @Martin-O2 would be welcome in this regard.

Message 212 of 310

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@pgn

I'm wondering the same. Yesterday I noticed one of the account advisors call in another advisor and they said "Can you deal with this, it's to do with the 360 billing system affecting the Apple Watch".

It's no secret that this forum has been inundated with Apple Watch issues. I've been here over 10 years and have never seen a problem last as long as this.

It's also frustrating that we regular posters NEVER get any feedback about the Apple Watch problem. Personally, I get bored seeing these posts and knowing the only help I can give is to call in an advisor and never get any feedback. Is it to do with the new 360 billing platform? If so, when will it be sorted?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 213 of 310

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

I also wonder if this fabulous new system is the cause for the new sim activation issues.

Don't remember any of that previously, but now any time someone upgrades/requests a new sim they get cut off...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 214 of 310

Ke1z
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Quick update for everyone in case they have the same issue. 
My original issue was error code 14 which @O2Sarah- kindly helped fix 👍🏼, however I still couldn’t get independent cellular. Sarah tried doing something at her end about 3 times. I reset the watch, unpaired and re-paired several times and nothing, at this point Sarah couldn’t understand why it wasn’t working. On the watch the Mobile data plan was showing as O2 but the status was showing as No Connection. 
I took the watch into the Apple Store yesterday and they ran diagnostics which showed the Watch hardware etc was all fine so she suggested that I cancel the existing Watch plan and then restart a new one through the “my watch” app. I tried this last night and finally it worked!! I now have the watch working independently 🙌🏼. I turned mobile data, WiFi and Bluetooth off of my phone and WiFi off on the watch too and then tested the watch by calling something from it and texting, Siri also works now whereas it was saying unable to use Siri as you are not connected to the internet before. 
Let’s hope it logs my next run ok, it was so frustrating when I ran 22k with the new watch and it didn’t track 😩

Message 215 of 310

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37223 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Great feedback, @Ke1z - so using the "my watch" app to do initial set-up of the £5 plan on the watch is all that was needed?  Or did the multiple resets that were done by Sarah also mean your "my watch" app could then do its job?  Did you use the "my watch" app the first time around, by any chance?

Thanks for any info, and congrats on having a working, independent, iWatch now! 👍

Message 216 of 310

Ke1z
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I set up the plan originally in 2021 using my series 4 watch but then transferred it to the new series 8 watch the other week, I assumed everything was ok until it didn’t track my run which made me check it and discover that the cellular wasn’t working. I tried removing the plan and resetting the watch myself but then ran into the error 14 issue when I tried re-adding the plan. This was when I contacted Sarah. She managed to get rid of the error code issue but like I said the cellular still wasn’t working even after she had tried several time. 
My last resort was to cancel the plan (set up in 2021), wait for it to show as “not in use” and then set up a new plan. I really don’t know why setting up a new plan worked but transferring the existing plan didn’t. 
O2 definitely need to investigate these issues and fix them as you guys are inundated with people hoping for you to fix it. 

Message 217 of 310

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Ke1zand @pgn 

I'm amazed at the amount of 'fixes' for this Apple Watch issue which has been going on for months now!
Pleased yours is working @Ke1z 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 218 of 310

Number_3
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@mobileappz wrote:

That's great news. Do you know what was done on the O2 side to acheive this? Thanks

HI @mobileappz  not sure TBH, i do know my esim was reset initially to sort the error 14, but that didn't sort the original issue of the watch dropping data coverage when not connected to the phone. I think maybe Sarah added a new data contract? i needed to request a new tariff when setting the watch up again after resetting it, so had 2 showing , one not in use and then the new one. once the watch was completely set up I was then instructed to delete the old "not in use" one.

Watch has been working perfectly since then, did quite a long run on Saturday ( without phone ) and had no issues, connected solidly the whole time, even streaming some online playlists via apple music as well. Very pleased.

Message 219 of 310

Nataliebrady22
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya @O2Lisa @O2Sarah can some one please help me am having same issue getting error code 14. The the esim has been reset twice and still not working was meant to receive a new esim in the post and never. Been two weeks now and still none the wisest called o2 5 times. All because I upgraded my phone.

Message 220 of 310