Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan error code 14

John39
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello

I’ve purchased an Apple Watch s7 from John Lewis and added a data plan to my sim only contract.

I followed the instructions on:

How do I buy an Airtime Plan on an Apple Watch that I already have?

Now, I see the data plan in MyO2, but I get this error when opening the data plan settings on my phone:

Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 14

Customer services could not resolve the issue.

•iData is enabled

•WiFi calling is ON

Looks like a common issue with devices not purchased from O2. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 310
309 REPLIES 309

chris52
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been having trouble with my Apple Watch since upgrading watches (old and new are both cellular models) a few months ago. It has been able to make/receive calls but won't stay connected to data. Sometimes when I power it off and on it'll connect for a short period of time (I don't have a measurement but probably under an hour) but then data ceases to work.

I removed the plan from the watch today, with the intention to re-add it to see if that improves things.. however now I'm getting the error reference code 14 message when trying to "Set Up Mobile" on the watch. So I'm without any service on the watch.

Are any advisors able to take a look if it's something that needs resetting at O2, please?

Message 121 of 310

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37210 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@chris52 wrote:

I've been having trouble with my Apple Watch since upgrading watches (old and new are both cellular models) a few months ago. It has been able to make/receive calls but won't stay connected to data. Sometimes when I power it off and on it'll connect for a short period of time (I don't have a measurement but probably under an hour) but then data ceases to work.

I removed the plan from the watch today, with the intention to re-add it to see if that improves things.. however now I'm getting the error reference code 14 message when trying to "Set Up Mobile" on the watch. So I'm without any service on the watch.

Are any advisors able to take a look if it's something that needs resetting at O2, please?

@Anonymous is on now, @chris52 - watch out for a private message from him soon, hopefully. Good luck.

Message 122 of 310

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn thanks for the tag @chris52 will private message you

Message 123 of 310

shmooster
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi Lisa 

i have the same issue, is this something you can help with ?

nicolas 

Message 124 of 310

pgn
  • 37210 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@shmooster wrote:

hi Lisa 

i have the same issue, is this something you can help with ?

nicolas 

I'll tag @O2Sarah- who is on this morning, @shmooster - Good luck!

Message 125 of 310

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 😊

@shmooster I will send you a private message so we can check your account

Message 126 of 310

grantsmith82
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa  i am having the same issues as others with setting my new sim up on my apple watch   please can you call me to help.. 

Message 127 of 310

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124169 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Jenchels 

I'm afraid O2 Lisa is not on this week, so I'll tag @O2KyleW or @O2Emma who are both on this afternoon.

Hopefully, they will be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 128 of 310

pgn
  • 37210 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

As a matter of fact, I see @O2Georgina is on now - perhaps she can take a look for you, @Jenchels 👍

Message 129 of 310

O2Georgina
Former Staff
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag

@pgn  I have sent a private message now

signature
Message 130 of 310