Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR dropping signal following iOS13 Update

JBL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone XR, which was working perfectly fine.  Then i did the update onto iOS13, and following that update my phone keeps dropping its connection.

I contacted o2 about this, ran some checks about the SIM type ect, then went on to check the mobile network options where i was advised to turn off automatic network selection and select o2 manually.  I did this and it sort of solved the issue and now its back to doing what it was doing.  The person who i was talking to was unable to explain to me why or how that would solve the problem but insisted that was the reason, well what utter ****** that was.

Does anyone has similar issue or know how to solve the issue?

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

flipsix3
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Add one more iPhone XR (iOS 13.3) user to the list, same issue as reported by several others, intermittent occurrence over the past several weeks.
Message 51 of 85

JBL
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so i originally started this thread in the hope i would be able to get some resolution.  I read yesterday via the BBC that it is a known issue, so given the phone we have i would like to know what sort of compensation o2 will be offering as i have highlited this to them on several occations and each and everytime i been fobbed off with check this check that and that there is nothing wrong on thier side.

Why is it that the BBC are reporting this.

Really annoyed given the number of years i have been with o2. 

Message 52 of 85

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
To be honest, as the issue is down to the software that Apple produce it is a little harsh expecting o2 to fix and/or offer compensation...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 53 of 85

dazzaxjr
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes but @JBL 's point remains. 

How long was this a known issue, and why have so many of us been bounced around and taken through pointless reboots, phone re-installs etc, when it was a known issue all along? 

Many of us have been struggling with this for a month or two now, but paying O2 for the service despite it not working. 

Regardless if its an Apple or O2 root cause, O2 support the iPhone on their network, and they should be taking the lead on this. Whilst also keeping their customers in the loop with honest updates. 

Point in case. Where is the Pinned announcement on these message boards from O2 stating that there is a known issue, and giving regular updates? Its been left to customers to raise many many tickets and queries to drive the investigation and communication of the issue. 

Message 54 of 85

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As this is happening with more than one network @dazzaxjr I think Apple responded to feedback from customers.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 85

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You would have to ask Apple and o2 how long they knew it was an issue and I doubt you would get an answer.
As to why, I suspect because unless/until it is a known issue either internally or externally, those steps are ones known to have fixed similar problems.
As with other signal problems, o2 do not guarantee coverage so are not obliged to offer compensation but you are likely to get some if you call.
And all of this goes back to why software updates should go through the networks so they can check they work. Apple (as far as I know) don't allow networks to verify that the updates will work correctly...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 56 of 85

dazzaxjr
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff Thats interesting. When I went to the Apple store to get this investigated they stated clearly that this was a known issue on O2 network only, and that other networks were not effected.

In fact that was one of their suggested fixes was to move to anover network. wink
Message 57 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@dazzaxjr wrote:
@CleoriffThats interesting. When I went to the Apple store to get this investigated they stated clearly that this was a known issue on O2 network only, and that other networks were not effected.

In fact that was one of their suggested fixes was to move to anover network. wink

I have checked EE and Vodaphone forums yesterday @dazzaxjr. Quite a few complaining on there. Didn't find anything for Three though.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 58 of 85

JBL
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well i have been in touch with o2 again today, and really not impressed at all.

o2 feel it is acceptable to offer a £10 credit on your bill, making me feel like thats what i am worth to them as a long standing customer.

They will simply persist to raising a ticket with the 2nd line support team.  Not really a fix as i have been on at them since October 2019 about this issue.

I have raised an official complaint, as i am paying for a phone which simply doesnt work as it should.  I have been supplied this hand set via o2 and o2 should be the ones responsible for sorting out my issue.

Message 59 of 85

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

According to the BBC report one customer received one month free airtime on his account. Bearing in mind that Apple have not yet fixed the problem I feel O2 should be offering more to customers who request some sort of goodwill gesture from them. Yes it is happening on other networks but the OP is contracted to O2 and it is ultimately the supplying network's responsibility to ensure they sell any phone that can use their network without an issue that could lead to important calls and texts being missed.

Message 60 of 85