Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR dropping signal following iOS13 Update

JBL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone XR, which was working perfectly fine.  Then i did the update onto iOS13, and following that update my phone keeps dropping its connection.

I contacted o2 about this, ran some checks about the SIM type ect, then went on to check the mobile network options where i was advised to turn off automatic network selection and select o2 manually.  I did this and it sort of solved the issue and now its back to doing what it was doing.  The person who i was talking to was unable to explain to me why or how that would solve the problem but insisted that was the reason, well what utter ****** that was.

Does anyone has similar issue or know how to solve the issue?

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Will240
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just spoke to the guru team and have been told to only use on 3G , it is unacceptable to still charge for phone and contract when it is not what we signed up for (a working phone and network ), will see if it drops out again on 3G ... very frustrating
Message 41 of 85

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Martin-O2  has posted in one thread that a number of customers are having this known issue and that they are working on a fix.

Message 42 of 85

XR
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Spoke to the guru team as have the same issues. They installed an eSim and my phone hadn’t worked at all since...!!! Been told there is nothing to do but wait as it’s a known issue but now I have zero signal!!!
Message 43 of 85

MB1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I still have this problem. Everyday the signal drops at least once and I need to restart my phone to get signal back.
Message 44 of 85

MB1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I still have this problem. Everyday the signal drops at least once and I need to restart my phone to get signal back. O2 say there’s no problem from their end and Apple just send me on a wild goose chase.
Message 45 of 85

dazzaxjr
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sadly I've also had this issue for a couple of months, and been bouncing between Apple and O2 trying to get a fix. 

I understand that O2 are investigating, but would be good if they could post regular updates and any progress. 😞 

Message 46 of 85

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue guys. No further updates at the moment I'm afraid and I'm not aware of specific timescales, just wanted to pop in to let you know in this topic as well that Apple is aware of the issue, and we're working with our partners to identify the issue and resolve this as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, a temporary solution you can try is to turn your device off and on again, which will restore the signal/connectivity. As soon as we hear about a fix, we'll let you know.

Message 47 of 85

StuBFrost
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It may get sorted now the BBC are reporting it on their website.

Message 48 of 85

dazzaxjr
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, although it is sad that we are now getting more information / updates from the BBC than we are getting from O2 to their customers.   😞 

Message 49 of 85

Luncheon
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Its ok getting the updates from BBC, more important to get the Compensation from O2

Message 50 of 85