Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR dropping signal following iOS13 Update

JBL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone XR, which was working perfectly fine.  Then i did the update onto iOS13, and following that update my phone keeps dropping its connection.

I contacted o2 about this, ran some checks about the SIM type ect, then went on to check the mobile network options where i was advised to turn off automatic network selection and select o2 manually.  I did this and it sort of solved the issue and now its back to doing what it was doing.  The person who i was talking to was unable to explain to me why or how that would solve the problem but insisted that was the reason, well what utter ****** that was.

Does anyone has similar issue or know how to solve the issue?

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Spinakker
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well.. The situation is quite unusual, since the O2 sims work in any phone (even non smartphone ones). When you go to Apple, they say it is the O2's fault which clearly is not the case (not mentioning the fact that before the iOS update everything works as it should). 

From my knowledge, everyone who is being affected with this should go to the nearest O2 shop (with your passport/driving licence) and request the SIM SWAP to E-SIM (built in Apple Sim). In most cases that fixes the issue. 

This solution also throws away additional arguments from Apple side. The E-Sim is "made and built in" by Apple (not O2). So this is their responsibility to fix the issue and not directing people to run in circles. 

Message 31 of 85

StuBFrost
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I will be moving to O2 in a couple of weeks and have an XR.  Just wondering if things are any better since the update to 13.3 on Tuesday?

Thanks

Stu

Message 32 of 85

JulesA
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nope, I upgraded to 13.3 today and the problem is still there.  I note this only happens to me when I am in London?

Message 33 of 85

AdamW
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Same here. Apple and O2 both said it’s O2’s problem and that the workaround is to switch to an esim which I’ve done. Time will tell...
Message 34 of 85

AdamW
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
(I suspect it happens where there is 5g coverage)
Message 35 of 85

rebeccag
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was having exactly the same problem, went in to my local O2 store a few days ago and did a sim swap (just a regular sim, not the E-sim). The problem seems to have been fixed - but hopefully I haven’t spoken too soon!! It has been several days with no issues so fingers crossed!
Message 36 of 85

Tam
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have this exact same problem. Every time I come off WiFi the signal disappears and I have to restart my phone. And what’s more, my iPhone XR takes forever to restart. So fed up.
Message 37 of 85

Venkas
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve got the same problem
I bought brand new iPhone XR and losing signal I’m been try everything and still nothing i need to restart my phone to get the signal back is horrible
Message 38 of 85

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

dazzaxjr
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same issue here. Iphone XR 14 months old, and for last few months has been dropping off the mobile network stating "No Service". Only rectified by physically turning the phone off and on again.

A couple of people have posted potential fixes, but have to say in my experience none of these work. I've been bouncing between O2 and Apple for a month or so now, but no resolution. 

So far I have; 

1) Reset network settings, rebooted phone every few days. Works for a 1-2 days then drops off mobile network. 

2) Gone to O2 store, replaced SIM, reset-up visual voicemail (groan) and worked for 1-2 days then same issue. 

3) Spoke to various Apple geniuses. Ran diagnostics and sent in results, reset network settings, and after 1-2 days same issue. 

4) Finally gave in and completely wiped phone, plugged into PC with Itunes, and completly wiped and re-installed fresh IOS install. Then DID NOT RESTORE, but manually reinstalled all my apps, reset up my apple watch etc. Took many hours. Then within 12 hours, dropped off mobile network with same issue. 

5) Many more calls with apple, then went into store for Genius appointment. Staff there said there is a known issue with IPhone XR handsets (but not other Iphone models) and O2 network dropping, that apple have logged calls with O2 and that O2 are aware of the issue and are investigating. Comeback in couple of weeks and see if anything has changed. On the way home phone dropped off the mobile network (sigh). 

So after doing everything asked, am still in the situation of having a phone that doesnt work with my network provider. 

I have confirmation from apple that this is a known issue and O2 are working on it. Would be nice to get a statement and update from O2? 

Anyone? 

Message 40 of 85