cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the abbreviation NOR on international data charges

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been charged over £30 for using data, under a place abbreviated NOR. I've only been to ireland, and know that abbreviation as Norway. I am so confused. I've put in a form to investigate this, but I can't help but wonder what NOR stands for, and how I've been charged such a price!!?! I can't afford to pay it. I feel disappointed as I left my previous provider for charging me inappropriately. Help?!
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Norway it will he the ferry company and are treated as non eu for charging
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Norway it will he the ferry company and are treated as non eu for charging
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/faq/frequently-asked-questions-roam-home Faq no 15 explains
Apple Watch series 4

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ferries & cruise ships have their own networks which can be expensive
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

There is a difference between inappropriate charging and not understanding why you have been charged.
Networks very rarely charge inappropriately so a better understanding of the contractual T&C's may be required?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Charging inappropriately is a new one on me. The company charging inappropriately is the ferry who not content with fares for passengers and vehicles, want to screw disproportionate fees for keeping in touch with dry land. Personally I take a book for ferry crossings and cruises.

It amazes me that Emirates give me 500MB data for 99p  some 40000 feet above the earth whilst the ferry operators don their Dick Turpin outfits when charging the ñètworks who merely pass on the charges to their customers (plus their small crumb of profit of course).

Message 6 of 7

Nickelodeon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you didn't actually use the service and are being ripped off - which is what happened to me - you should contact O2 billing and demand that they remove the charnge and explain you didn't use the service they usually will. They did with me.

You may have to threaten to leave O2 - which I was willing to do. In my case I was on a plane on the tarmac and some airport network grabbed my signal and decided to charge me for roaming....and charge the £30 roaming fee - which is abusive and wrong.  Demand your money back. O2 shouldn't be in partnership wiht deceitful networks.

Message 7 of 7