Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Charges to Northern Ireland

Bootsie127
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been reading on this board that call charges to Northern Ireland are included in your allowance. However when I asked customer services last week, before I made a call to N. Ireland, that the call will be charged as an International call. I queried this by replying that I was not calling the Republic of Ireland and once again the man from customer services was adamant that it would still be charged as an International call even though I pointed out that N.Ireland was part of the UK.  

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Bootsie127 

Rubbish.

All calls to standard UK numbers are included.

Guide: Your Allowances - what is and isn't included 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Bootsie127 

Rubbish.

All calls to standard UK numbers are included.

Guide: Your Allowances - what is and isn't included 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 23

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Customer Services strike again

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 23

Bootsie127
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That was my first reply to him. This miss information from call centres at the other side of the world doesn't help either. I will make a call this week and see if I get billed.

Message 4 of 23

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10557 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@Bootsie127 

As long as the number begins with a 028  you wont be charged, if it begins 01, or 041 (Irish Numbers) and you would have to add +353 to the beginning to dial those numbers then it will be charged.. 

The problem is outside of the UK and Ireland, a hell of a lot of people don't understand its 2 countries.... so cant blame them for the confusion.. but a bit of basic geography training might have helped...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 23

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Bootsie127 

You won't be charged at all.

Message 7 of 23

Bootsie127
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

IMG_4158.PNG

Message 8 of 23

Bootsie127
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics