Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up terms changing 19th July.

Soks99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just heard from my local store that O2 Switch up will be 90 days for everyone. Can I confirm is this true and will there be an exit clause thingy as it's a change to the T&C's?

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

smiler1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Dave-O2,

I am trying to PM you, but every time I try to send the message it comes up an invalid HTML error and refuses to send. It is just a normal reply, no images, etc. Any help on this appreciated.

smiler1

Message 21 of 46

smiler1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Heych91,

Glad, not in a good way tho, to see someone else is getting the response I got, both over the phone and in-store. I threatened to seek legal advice both times, as I think it is fraudulent behaviour, but they were very non-plussed and just kept reapting the same mantra "You need to pay the remaining contract." Will be very interesting to see whee this actually goes.

smiler1

Message 22 of 46

Heych91
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s literally against Ofcoms regulations, they can’t have it both ways, they either let me exit penalty free, or they don’t change the terms of my contract! 

it’s bad enough that we have had a mast down since September last year, which they keep saying they will fix but don’t. 
I’ve had an unusable phone since I got on O2, so I’m so glad I finally have the option to leave and O2 are trying to be the incompetent, illegal tyrants they are.

Message 23 of 46

Heych91
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2 sorry not given you much time to reply, but do you know if the retail stores can sort this?

Message 24 of 46

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hey @Heych91@smiler1 

I've fed this back to the relevant area, I won't be able to request any cancellation of your Airtime from here, however, I'll come back and direct you to the correct place when I have a further update.

Thanks for your patience 👍 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 25 of 46

Heych91
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@smiler1 have you had any more luck than me on this?

Message 26 of 46

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Heych91 

You have had an undertaking from @Dave-O2 that he will revert to you when he has an update ; you are going to need to be patient please as he works on it in the background. 👍 

Message 27 of 46

Tarqy
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

o2 customer services is a joke. I mean you have a community manager here who i tagged in a post that didn't even acknowledge it and staff who just repeat whatever is on the screen in front of them regardless of the actual situation.

I actually just wanted to cancel the airtime plan and switch over to sim only which should have been a simple process but I'm either told I can't cancel until my 24 months is up (reading whatever is on the screen) and not listening to what i am actually telling them or the latest alternative is I can cancel but if i do that i will lose my number, so you're basically holding me to ransom.

I've wasted over 8 hours on the phone and 5+ on chat. I've now just requested a PAC code and initiated the transfer of my number to another provider.

When I inevitably get the bill for 1k+ next month i'll take it up with the ombudsman as i have full records from the chat sessions which really do not put o2 in a good light.

Message 28 of 46

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

@Tarqy The Community manager is not really here to answer account type questions but to ensure the Community, comprised as it is of customers, runs smoothly. He also works organising the Social Media team The fact that he takes some of these things on board for people is a bonus.

You mention 1k. Assume that includes the handset, that element will still need to be paid as it is a loan agreement.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 29 of 46

Tarqy
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn't ask an account type question, I asked them to provide feedback to the necessary people as the liason between customers and o2. Acknowledgement of that is not a lot to ask for.

As for the handset, Thanks for stating the obvious! I'm well aware of how contracts work and what I do and don't need to pay for. I am however entitled to continue paying the device plan which seems to be a concept that o2 cs cannot comprehend.

I get that your a massive o2 fanboy and feel the need to defend them for some odd reason but you've added absolutely nothing to this topic.

Message 30 of 46