Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up terms changing 19th July.

Soks99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 33 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just heard from my local store that O2 Switch up will be 90 days for everyone. Can I confirm is this true and will there be an exit clause thingy as it's a change to the T&C's?

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7099 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

@Tarqy O2 fan boy 🤣

I only use O2 because I don't pay myself.

My main phone is EE

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 31 of 44

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7485 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Tarqy wrote:

o2 customer services is a joke. I mean you have a community manager here who i tagged in a post that didn't even acknowledge it and staff who just repeat whatever is on the screen in front of them regardless of the actual situation.

I actually just wanted to cancel the airtime plan and switch over to sim only which should have been a simple process but I'm either told I can't cancel until my 24 months is up (reading whatever is on the screen) and not listening to what i am actually telling them or the latest alternative is I can cancel but if i do that i will lose my number, so you're basically holding me to ransom.

I've wasted over 8 hours on the phone and 5+ on chat. I've now just requested a PAC code and initiated the transfer of my number to another provider.

When I inevitably get the bill for 1k+ next month i'll take it up with the ombudsman as i have full records from the chat sessions which really do not put o2 in a good light.

Please bear in mind @Tarqy that the Ombudsman will not accept your case until you have gone through the O2 formal complaints' procedure :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

Message 32 of 44

Pipstop78
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 591 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Excuse me but Enill is trying to help you here there is no need to be rude. We are all 02 customers here 

Message 33 of 44

Ncart82
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been having this same issue. I called last week to cancel the airtime plan as per email and was told I couldn't do this, I needed to pay the airtime off before this could be done. I knew this was different to what was said in the email so I spoke to someone else who agreed I could do this. Call transferred to closure team, only to be told again this wasn't possible. 

I asked to make a complaint and was offered a ridiculous £15 credit, I declined this and asked to escalate the complaint and was told this would be done. 

I've been in touch today after not hearing back only to be told my complaint was closed last week ! Ridiculous. 

Interestingly, via a webchat with the upgrade team today, I've been tod I have the right to exit and keep the monthly device plan in place, because of the changes to T&C with switch up, but it will be an immediate cut off and I will lose the number. If I try transfer the number using the PAC code first, I'll be chased for full payment of the device plan.

Message 34 of 44

Oxonian
  • 7485 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Ncart82 

We have been promised an update by @Dave-O2 above - on 13 May, message 25 on this thread. 

That update might - or might not - be of relevance to you. 👍

Message 35 of 44

PiotrT
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have same situation, waiting patiently, only different pn my letter it's said 18th of July

Message 36 of 44

Oxonian
  • 7485 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

No idea why @PiotrT your date is different ; but the promised update should hopefully help you too ! 👍 

Message 37 of 44

chrisjf19
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've received the same letter, but my date is the 18th of June. I'm keen to see if there's a reply here, before having a battle with O2.

Message 38 of 44

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hey

@smiler1@Ncart82@PiotrT@chrisjf19 

Have you been able to get this sorted yet?

If not, please drop me a PM with your mobile number and we'll discuss this further 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 39 of 44

PiotrT
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Dave-O2 for sorting it out. Dobby is free slight_smile

Message 40 of 44