Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up terms changing 19th July.

Soks99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just heard from my local store that O2 Switch up will be 90 days for everyone. Can I confirm is this true and will there be an exit clause thingy as it's a change to the T&C's?

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Abdul4
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Refresh contracts are expensive. 

Keeping phone on installments and switching to sim only contract saves money if you are not planning to upgrade the phone. If that make sense

Message 11 of 46

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7629 Posts
  • 146 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Abdul4 

Another option to explore is buying your handset from the manufacturer or from a retailer, and going SIM-only with the network. 👍

I agree that Refresh can be expensive, but it is a reasonable deal for those who want a new 'phone every three months. 😀

Message 12 of 46

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10673 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3095 Solutions

It all depends on what value you put on having the latest tech every few months, and you are paying for that..  @Abdul4 

Switch Up isnt for everyone, and the best way is to buy from the likes of Amazon as they do sim only phones and you can pay over a few months interest free (subject to Amazon Terms).. 

And a lot of people like it, and have done for the past 20 years or so having the phone and airtime bundled...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 13 of 46

Pipstop78
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 592 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I got a email the other day from 02 about this switch up 

Message 14 of 46

smiler1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had the same email saying I could cancel my airtime contract (music to my ears as regret moving to O2 due to very poor signal) and contacted CS. Was told I could cancel but would have to pay the remining months of my airtime contract. Argued that this wasn't what my email said but she refused to budge. Even implied that if I cancelled airtime I would also need to pay off my device plan. She then looked into my account and said there was no record of an email being sent. Eventually, and politely, hung up. Next day I went into a store armed with a printout of said email and also ready to show it in kmy email account on my device. Was told, within 10 seconds that what I was told over the phone was correct. Asked the CS to point out in the emial where it says the reaminder was to be paid if cancelling. She just kept saying I would need to pay, like a broken record. I would be able to pay both my airtime and device plans off if required, but I don't see why I should. This, to me, is fraud on O2's part. If anyone gets any further forward on this issue, hopefully before 30th May, PLEASE post on here to help others like myself. 

Message 15 of 46

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7127 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

Not fraud but the usual lack of communication with a hint of incompetence 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 16 of 46

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12379 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

@smiler1 wrote:

Had the same email saying I could cancel my airtime contract (music to my ears as regret moving to O2 due to very poor signal) and contacted CS. Was told I could cancel but would have to pay the remining months of my airtime contract. Argued that this wasn't what my email said but she refused to budge. Even implied that if I cancelled airtime I would also need to pay off my device plan. She then looked into my account and said there was no record of an email being sent. Eventually, and politely, hung up. Next day I went into a store armed with a printout of said email and also ready to show it in kmy email account on my device. Was told, within 10 seconds that what I was told over the phone was correct. Asked the CS to point out in the emial where it says the reaminder was to be paid if cancelling. She just kept saying I would need to pay, like a broken record. I would be able to pay both my airtime and device plans off if required, but I don't see why I should. This, to me, is fraud on O2's part. If anyone gets any further forward on this issue, hopefully before 30th May, PLEASE post on here to help others like myself. 

@Dave-O2 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 46

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@smiler1 Can you please drop me a PM with some more details and I'll take a look 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 18 of 46

Heych91
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Dave

Can I do the same? 

I have the same email, O2 tell me I can’t cancel, despite having an email saying so. 

If I cannot cancel then they cannot change my terms, so unless I can get cancelled ASAP, I will be going for legal advice. 

Best, 

Haydn 

Message 19 of 46

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37277 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Heych91 wrote:

Hi Dave

Can I do the same? 

I have the same email, O2 tell me I can’t cancel, despite having an email saying so. 

If I cannot cancel then they cannot change my terms, so unless I can get cancelled ASAP, I will be going for legal advice. 

Best, 

Haydn 

Tagging @Dave-O2 in so he sees it in Monday, @Heych91. Good luck!

Message 20 of 46