cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upgrades

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wondered if anyone is having the same problem as me. I ordered an upgrade to the iPhone 5 on the 21st of January and so far I've been given 3 different dates all of which have been delayed.

No one can tell me when my phone will arrive and no one has contacted me via phone, Text or email to let me know of the delays, I've had to call, and email support each time.

Is this bad customer service? or I'm a being impatient? Not that it matters but I'm a long time customer too.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think if the partnership was expained better to customers. then half the issues would be neutralised. 

If I phoned O2 for a Iphone 5 ( I would never ever do. I spit on floor at Apple) and was told that O2 are showing in stock but to make you aware we get our stock from CPW so we are reliant on them giving us the correct information then customers would be Ok with that. 

The point customers get upset is when O2 say we are in stock only to find out you are not which I would guess is a CPW update issue. 

Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem as everyone else... everytime I ring I am told a different story.  The website says the phones are in stock, but O2 have told me they are out of stock.  I have suggested that they update the website and they say they will, but they don't - probably because they know customers will go elsewhere for their phones if they see 'out of stock' written.  All they want is our money... I don't think they are bothered about anything else.  Basically, they are telling lies!!

Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Gwen,

I can assure you there is no deliberate lying going on here. I have been speaking to customers who have been waiting weeks and have read it here and it's obviously really annoying for you continually waiting for your new phone. I think CPW should have planned stock levels better considering they must have forecast for the amount of connections they would take out.

I know that they should have it in asap - I'm surprised they don't already. Fingers crossed it comes as soon as possible! 

At least you know it is definitely ordered and your contract won't start till it's dispatched anyqway.

Good luck slight_smile

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whilst I applaud your loyalty to O2 as an employee, you can't escape the fact that the website says they are in stock when, in fact, they are not and the website is not being updated.  Therefore, we are being misled.  I am wondering whether I would have had better service if I had gone to an O2 shop.  I have fingers and toes crossed for a new phone soon. 🙂

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone who has placed an order not considered calling, cancelling the order and then going to store?

Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course I have considered this, but it is not very convenient for me to get to a store, which is the reason why I chose to order online.  Also I have heard that the order cancellation procedure can be fraught with problems, so I decided to persevere... as I said, I have everything crossed for my posh new phone soon.

Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the stores are out of stock of the iphone 5 16g too in both colours plus its an extra £20.00 for the phone .... However on the plus side after placing my order on the 30th Jan I have finally received an email today from o2 with my tracking details so my Iphone 5 16GB should be with me on Monday fingers crossed.:smileyhappy:

Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent!  Enjoy!!  I guess I have been spoilt because my current phone arrived within 2 days or ordering.  I was led to believe that it would be the same this time too.  

Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am suffering the same appalling customer service - used webchat to enquire and every time they roll out the same response... will be delivered in 1-3 days. I think they just want me to go away.
Message 19 of 22

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Web chat know nothing my friend. I wouldn't listen to their advise in these matters.

In the launch thread upon recieving my phone I proceeded to enquire in chat when my phone would be delivered they said I should expect it in the next few weeks.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 20 of 22