cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

My roaming isn’t working in France. I have mobile data switched on and roaming on. The 3 G sign is on at the top of the screen. Still not working. Any thoughts?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Community_STS_0.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Excelsior2k5 

You may have a roaming bar on your account. Contact customer services (or live chat) and ask if it can be lifted....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 90

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I've seen a PAYG phone set to use the "O2 Pay Monthly" phone APN, that stops data when roaming.

In the phone's SIM settings section:
Screenshot_20190811-094912__01.jpg

Message 32 of 90

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Excelsior2k5 

What phone are you using?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 90

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Excelsior2k5 

What phone are you using?

Also posted here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/No-internet-abroad/m-p/1245960

No mention of phone....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 90

setspan
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iohone Xr and have never had a problem using my phone anywhere before. I called O2 and the guy was next to useless, told me to go to a shop in France where I am, I asked where the nearest shop was (I couldn;t search as my phone wasnt working) his system wasn;t working either he said and asked me to call back later......junk customer service. I had explained that my kids whp all have a limited data sky mobile and husband who has giff gaff were all able to get data, I've had to use their hotspots for ten days. Just tried these ideas and still nothing. Absolute junk O2!!

Message 35 of 90

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Doubt you'll find an O2 shop in France @setspan.
If changing your apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk" doesn't work, you'll have a roaming bar on your account, so you need to call back to customer services to have it lifted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 90

Rutland
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, my husband and I have just had exactly the same problem with an iPhone XR whilst we were away, have just been onto online chat with 02 and apparently there is a free bolt on missing which allows for wifi calling and data usage. The chap there online was very helpful and sorted it immediately . Good luck! it sounds like an XR/O2 glitch as we have never had a problem before either with any of our other iPhones on 02
Message 37 of 90

andywales41
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm using a Galaxy Note 9 and none of these fixes work. I'm registered with a network, roaming is enabled, I've checked the settings, but when I turn off Wi-Fi I'm still seeing a message 'no network'. I've travelled earlier in the year in Europe with no problems, but now in Crete I'm having to rely upon weak, hotel WiFi.
Message 38 of 90

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You really need to contact customer service then to make sure there is no roaming bar on your account. 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 #

Message 39 of 90

andywales41
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 solved this problem. If carelessly clicked the monthly tab instead of pay and go when I arrived because I was rushing at the airport. Re-setting and clicking the correct option solved the problem. Thank you Joanne and Yusef from O2 for helping me with this!
Message 40 of 90