cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase's from March

Anonymous
Not applicable

OFCOM should make it illegal to increase the price/tarfiiff until teh 1 year contract period as ended. Just receivd a email from O2 saying theres going to be anotehr price increase. Not happy about it, but nothing I can do.

Sorry just seen there is already a post baout this issue

lee

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could do what I intend to do after more than a decade of being with O2 - end your contract and go elsewhere. What other power do we have than to remove our cash from their coffers? Increasing tarriffs during a contract is indefensible; it should be factored into the contract beforehand.

Message 31 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately it was if you look closely enough at the terms and conditions I don't agree with it but it's legal
Message 32 of 41

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Increasing tarriffs during a contract is indefensible; it should be factored into the contract beforehand.

It always was in your contract!

You won't find a network that hasn't done this before.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 33 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have 4 accounts they will all be getting cancelled,o2 have already done this within the last 12 mnths,instead of the customers taking the brunt why not get those in charge i.e Capita bosses to take the fall

Message 34 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well done for voting with your feet slight_smile
Message 35 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got 2 contracts both had 2 price increases now in the minimum term. Thanks o2 for making my mind up. I'm off at the end of terms. Overpriced before increases compared to other networks. Now pricing yourselves out the game!
Message 36 of 41

battenburgone
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you read the Ofcom guidance, it states;

Under General Condition 9.6, communications providers are required to give customers a minimum of one month’s notice of any change to their contractual terms that is likely to be of ‘material detriment’ and customers must be able to withdraw from their contract penalty-free following such notice

(Material Detriment - any increase to the recurring monthly subscription charge in a fixed-term contract as ‘materially detrimental’ to consumers)

Therefore, following the price increase, you should be able to terminate the contract regardless of how long it has left oto run - although 02 neglected to mention that in their text...

Message 37 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
That is because in the O2 T&C's there is a rise in line with inflation clause that everyone has agreed to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 38 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

to my thinking, a contract is a 2 way deal! If you wanted to amend the contract by say leaving a month earlier than your contract says, would O2 let you without financial penalty?

Message 39 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
You are within your rights to draft out your own contract and ask O2 to sign it if they agree to it - Just in the same way as they do with customers.
The point is that you have the choice to go with O2's terms or some other providers, no one forces you , it's the customer that accepts the T&C's when they start the contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 40 of 41