cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase's from March

Anonymous
Not applicable

OFCOM should make it illegal to increase the price/tarfiiff until teh 1 year contract period as ended. Just receivd a email from O2 saying theres going to be anotehr price increase. Not happy about it, but nothing I can do.

Sorry just seen there is already a post baout this issue

lee

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Whilst I fully agree with everything we (and others are saying) we still only need ONE thread to cover it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 41

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

just posted a nice summary of the issue here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-mid-term-rise-v-ofcom-ruling-Facts/m-p/611520...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too shall be going. I can understand price rises for people taking out new contracts but for existing customers who have been loyal over the years, this is a penny too far.

Adios O2, hola.......whoever is cheaper!!

Message 13 of 41

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

What is this loyalty people keep posting about?

Please tell me how a "company" can be loyal as I haven't a clue.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 41

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Whilst I fully agree with everything we (and others are saying) we still only need ONE thread to cover it wink

I entriely agree. All the threads should be merged which would solved the issue of the same thing being posted to multiple threads (which while there are multiple threads is perfectly justified)

Message 15 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Agreed but then if the staff get so fed up with the rants they might just pass it on to whoever found this loophole which shouldn't be allowed to exist

With the call centre staff now not directly employed by O2, the lines of communication are no longer there.  That said, local and senior call centre managers are well aware of what staff think about the price increases.

Staff aren't immune from the increases either, and most staff are also customers of O2.

Message 16 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what I mean the more complaints the merrier even from staff
Message 17 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think though that whilst I am TOTALLY against price rises in fixed term contracts it should be put into perspective. It is 2.7% so for the majority less than a quid a month.

That said I don't recall o2 or any others REDUCING prices when we had that period of deflation.

Message 18 of 41

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@piperdog no but under new o2 t&c they have to reduce it if it happens again

Just looked at all other main networks T&C and only o2 seam to have got the wording correct in line with guidance voda and 3 and ee al mention may increas price

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 19 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Adam

I am just being realistic to be honest. For me is about 70p per month. I get loads more than I would If I was paying correct prices and I get 4g for free when on a CPW contract so in my case I don't feel THAT hard done by.

But any price increase is unpleasant of course.
Message 20 of 41