Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone order

Mrhunter95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just went through the process of ordering a iPhone XR on pay monthly, choice the option to pay £50 upfront received a few emails about my account and some legal documents, checked my bank and £50 has been taken out but received any emails about the actual phone order why is that?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Mrhunter95 

O2 don't have a live stock ordering system  so it's very likely your phone is out of stock.

You will receive an email when the phone is despatched and be able to track it online.

For peace of mind you can speak to customer service to check the status of your order 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

the best time to ring is between 8-8:30am to avoid a long time on hold. Speak to an advisor if at all possible, rather than using live chat.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
It could be out of stock and when they send it that's when you'll get the email to say being sent
Message 2 of 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Mrhunter95 

O2 don't have a live stock ordering system  so it's very likely your phone is out of stock.

You will receive an email when the phone is despatched and be able to track it online.

For peace of mind you can speak to customer service to check the status of your order 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

the best time to ring is between 8-8:30am to avoid a long time on hold. Speak to an advisor if at all possible, rather than using live chat.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 11

Mrhunter95
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I searched about and seen a few people were waiting because of the lack of stock on phones, but my issue is the emails I got were info on the lenders, info on the contract but not an actual email confirming I've been accepted the contract but they've taken the £50, will that money go back into my account if I've not been accepted?

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Mrhunter95 wrote:

Yeah I searched about and seen a few people were waiting because of the lack of stock on phones, but my issue is the emails I got were info on the lenders, info on the contract but not an actual email confirming I've been accepted the contract but they've taken the £50, will that money go back into my account if I've not been accepted?

Yes it will. The £50 has only been 'reserved' and will only be set aside for 4 or 5 days until the contract is either been agreed or not. The fact that you have received the emails for the device plan is a good omen.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you click the links inside the emails to accept the contract?
Message 6 of 11

Travestre
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm having the same issue I clicked all the attached files foes that count as accepting the contract
Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Travestre wrote:
I'm having the same issue I clicked all the attached files foes that count as accepting the contract

Yes it does @Travestre 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Travestre
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What kind of time frame am I looking at getting a confirmation email
Message 9 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Travestre 

You'll get a dispatch email the day before your device is delivered with your tracking details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11