Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Phone order

Just went through the process of ordering a iPhone XR on pay monthly, choice the option to pay £50 upfront received a few emails about my account and some legal documents, checked my bank and £50 has been taken out but received any emails about the actual phone order why is that?
Highlighted
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

Re: Phone order

It could be out of stock and when they send it that's when you'll get the email to say being sent
Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2
Solutions: 123

[ Edited ]

Hi @Mrhunter95 

O2 don't have a live stock ordering system  so it's very likely your phone is out of stock.

You will receive an email when the phone is despatched and be able to track it online.

For peace of mind you can speak to customer service to check the status of your order 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

the best time to ring is between 8-8:30am to avoid a long time on hold. Speak to an advisor if at all possible, rather than using live chat.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Level 1: Joiner

Yeah I searched about and seen a few people were waiting because of the lack of stock on phones, but my issue is the emails I got were info on the lenders, info on the contract but not an actual email confirming I've been accepted the contract but they've taken the £50, will that money go back into my account if I've not been accepted?

Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,426

@Mrhunter95 wrote:

Yeah I searched about and seen a few people were waiting because of the lack of stock on phones, but my issue is the emails I got were info on the lenders, info on the contract but not an actual email confirming I've been accepted the contract but they've taken the £50, will that money go back into my account if I've not been accepted?

Yes it will. The £50 has only been 'reserved' and will only be set aside for 4 or 5 days until the contract is either been agreed or not. The fact that you have received the emails for the device plan is a good omen.

Anonymous

Did you click the links inside the emails to accept the contract?