cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 can't keep a simple promise

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my household everyone is on o2 and three of us are on o2 monthly contracts. We've never had problems with o2 until recently with my dads contract. We started off with a simple 300 minute unlimited text tariff of which he went over on the minutes however the bill came to an astonishing £80! Thats more than my mums and my unlimited min/texts tariffs combined!! Are you serious o2?!

We paid the bill and spoke to o2 who agreed to give us back £20. Fine we will accept that and change the contract to unlimited texts and minutes and that should be it right? Sorted? Nope

The next month we got charged the old contract amount along with the new contract price and got absolutely no discount. I called up and had a go and they said they had forgotten and I would have to wait until the next month to get my discount. Well today is that day and guess what? FULL PRICE. Pathetic o2 I will be cancelling all our contracts if this isn't resolved the next time I call up. Simple as that. Pathetic service after being with you for 8 years. Absolutely pathetic.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Welcome slight_smile Welcome

PS. You can introduce yourself here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introduce-yourself-on-the-O2-Community/m-p/571606#U571606

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 34

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@PhoneDoc wrote:
Hi there!

Thanks for letting me know, that's it changed. I'm a retail advisor - my shift patterns have recently changed to include day times (which can be quiet) - so thought I may as well contribute on here during the lulls slight_smile

Good to have you on board @PhoneDoc ! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
to be honest your lucky O2 offered any discount. The per min price is clearly marked up when you take out your contact and you are told what allowance you will have. Anyway I cant add to what others have advised, so would advised you raise a complaint if unhappy.

PS. Welcome @PhoneDoc
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 14 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 I spoke to O2 less than a month ago stressing how I have already waited a month and did not get credited the £20. I spoke specifically about how I did not believe I would recieve the payment this month and that is exactly what happened. 

@PhoneDoc I understand that my dad had gone over his allowance but how much does it cost o2 to notify him  that he has used up all his minutes? Close to nothing. He is not very good with phones and seeing him getting ripped off and paying twice the price of a tariff that gives you unlimited texts/mins is what annoyed me. If I was on the phone to you and you declined to give me a discount I would have cancelled two of my contracts and paid the rest of dads of which at the time was £10.50p/mo and never paid a penny towards o2 ever again. If you think that would have been a better resolution then that is your personal opinion. I had already been offered the discount of which was not applied TWICE.

I understand that this is a customer to customer forum I just wanted to see what others had done in a simliar situation. I will be making a complaint thank you @Cleoriff and if needed I will be cancelling all contracts in this household once they come to the end of the contract.

Message 15 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

ring them up and ask for your pac code and move to a better network.. doesn`t matter which one you move too either.. They are all better 😉

Message 16 of 34

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Ok then.. That's why you paid 250 upfront to join O2..
Message 17 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I`m just stating the facts chum... http://www.computerweekly.com/news/4500250644/EE-rated-as-best-mobile-network-with-O2-the-worst

O2.. The mobile network of yestayear.. Telefonica doing everything they can to sell it
Message 18 of 34

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
@Anonymous, can you stop now? Why hijack other members threads. Its not going to get you anywhere. Your just annoying other customers, and making yourself out to be a right div.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 19 of 34

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I`m just stating the facts chum... http://www.computerweekly.com/news/4500250644/EE-rated-as-best-mobile-network-with-O2-the-worst

O2.. The mobile network of yestayear.. Telefonica doing everything they can to sell it

I'd take ofcom over computer weekly any day of the week.

Oh and..

Screenshot_2016-03-01-22-09-11.png

Message 20 of 34