cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT PAY O2 A "SECURITY DEPOSIT"..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a warning to potencial o2 customers..

I paid o2 a £250 "security deposit" to secure a new contract. I received a email the next day saying even though I had paid this I had still actually failed the credit check but they took the £250 anyway..

Be warned, that was over a week ago and I`m still waiting on my money.. customer support fob you off and tell you what you want to hear.. but don`t refund..

DO NOT PAY O2 A SECURITY DEPOSIT !!

Message 1 of 34
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's up to 14 days for a refund.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

MI5
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's up to 14 days for a refund.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats not really good enough tbh.. Why should I be without my own money for up to 14 days for absolutely no reason whatsoever... Think about it.. Its "robbery" no matter how you put it. 14 days of bull****, Have you never got a refund onto a visa card before?? It takes a day or 2, not 14.. 

Would be interested to know how many other o2 are robbing using the same method... 

They should not have took the money without all checks being complete. The "security deposit" should have been the final process of the checks... 

Who are o2 regulated by? This is something I feel should be reported.

Message 3 of 34

MI5
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No point having a go at me - I don't make the rules.
If you wish to complain the process is outlined here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 4 of 34

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think you will find that the money has not been taken by o2 but your bank will have reserved the funds as a pending transaction. This will automatically reverse after 4-5 days and the funds will be available to you again. 

Message 5 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I`m not having a go at anyone other than o2 mate. Just feel they have went about the whole thing in the wrong way.

Message 6 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie 

Why have I not received my money back then... ?  its been over a week now

Message 7 of 34

MI5
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All we can suggest is that you call CS to chase it up and/or make a complaint fella - Good luck and hope you get it back soon.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 34

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If they have indeed taken the money then they are completely in the wrong and go against any banking regulations. I work(ed) in a bank so I know the process. Maybe you need to call the bank and check whether it is an authorisation or a debit. A debit will appear on online banking or it will show as pending.

Message 9 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I`m with nationwide so will send them a secure message online and see if they can help..

Thanks

Message 10 of 34