cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT PAY O2 A "SECURITY DEPOSIT"..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a warning to potencial o2 customers..

I paid o2 a £250 "security deposit" to secure a new contract. I received a email the next day saying even though I had paid this I had still actually failed the credit check but they took the £250 anyway..

Be warned, that was over a week ago and I`m still waiting on my money.. customer support fob you off and tell you what you want to hear.. but don`t refund..

DO NOT PAY O2 A SECURITY DEPOSIT !!

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I've heard nationwide take a little longer to return held funds. But ask O2 to fax notice they don't intend to claim the funds and nationwide will remove the hold. Though, double check by calling nationwide that the funds are just pending and not debited.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 11 of 34

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Second time around the block with the OP on the same subject.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-have-stolen-250-from-me/td-p/951417

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
So it's not solved then?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesnt matter if its the second, third or 1000th.. problem has not been solved and its been a week since the previous thread...

Message 14 of 34

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Point is that there is no need to start another thread - had you have posted on your original thread we would have known the history from the start.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 34

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
What did nationwide say? Is it a debit or held funds?
Message 16 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Nationwide are not slow returning funds to an account. I bank with them and HSBC and know who I prefer.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 34

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Doesnt matter if its the second, third or 1000th.. problem has not been solved and its been a week since the previous thread...

And you were told a week ago that it can take more than a week. However long it takes, it won't get resolved here. We are customers, just like you, and we cannot solve your problem. Moan all you like here, but you won't get any results. Either call customer service again, or lodge a formal complaint. http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 18 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Havent got a reply yet.. Irrespective of whether its debit or held funds though it still should not have been processed until final checks where made. 

If anything debit/ refund would be a faster process than holding the funds for god knows how long..

Reported it to BBC watchdog, .. anyone else reading this in same situation do the same.. Why should some spanish company take your money (Or hold your funds).. for absolutely no reason whatsoever. https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Message 19 of 34

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Is Nationwide a Spanish company then? Don't know

Message 20 of 34