cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 can't keep a simple promise

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my household everyone is on o2 and three of us are on o2 monthly contracts. We've never had problems with o2 until recently with my dads contract. We started off with a simple 300 minute unlimited text tariff of which he went over on the minutes however the bill came to an astonishing £80! Thats more than my mums and my unlimited min/texts tariffs combined!! Are you serious o2?!

We paid the bill and spoke to o2 who agreed to give us back £20. Fine we will accept that and change the contract to unlimited texts and minutes and that should be it right? Sorted? Nope

The next month we got charged the old contract amount along with the new contract price and got absolutely no discount. I called up and had a go and they said they had forgotten and I would have to wait until the next month to get my discount. Well today is that day and guess what? FULL PRICE. Pathetic o2 I will be cancelling all our contracts if this isn't resolved the next time I call up. Simple as that. Pathetic service after being with you for 8 years. Absolutely pathetic.

Message 1 of 34
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

This is a customer to customer forum, and although we have sympathy for your problem, there isn't anything anyone here can do to help. I can only suggest you call cs on 202 from your mobile again and keep your fingers crossed that you get someone who understands and knows what they're doing. Barring that, here's a guide to cancelling your contracts.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

This is a customer to customer forum, and although we have sympathy for your problem, there isn't anything anyone here can do to help. I can only suggest you call cs on 202 from your mobile again and keep your fingers crossed that you get someone who understands and knows what they're doing. Barring that, here's a guide to cancelling your contracts.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you wish to complain please look at this procedure here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Also have you checked what's being used via My O2? http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 34

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

So it's the £20 they promised that hasn't been credited to your account yet?
Maybe @Martin-O2 can check this for you - drop him a PM.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 34

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous As you've only recently joined, to send @Martin-O2 (who is a community manager) a private message, click on his name. On the right-hand side of the screen will be a link to send him a private message.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 34

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Hi there, sorry to hear you haven't had a good experience. A few things to note:

• In cases where a customer has gone above their allowance, it's not unusual for that to be reflected on more than one bill. An example would be if your billing date was 1-31st of every month. If you place a premium call on the 31st, it'll be added on to that months bill. If you place another premium call a day later, i'll be added to the next bill, even though the time between the calls is less than 24 hours. Of course there are more extreme examples when you take into consideration things like roaming charges, subscription services or in-app purchases.
  • When it comes to selection of the tariff, and monitoring the usage of the device - it is ultimatelty the customer's responsibility. Anyone would be frustrated from an unexptected bill - but you seem to be personally annoyed at O2 for generating the bill - you can't expect to use a service and not pay for it. Any network will expect payment for out of bundle usage.
  • Following on from that, the discount that has been offered is a goodwill discount. It is by no means an entitlement. Coming from a Store perspective, I personally wouldn't be prepared to raise a credit in this situation, and would instead set up the MyO2 app so that you can keep track or all your accounts in real-time. That being said, of course O2 have an obligation to credit your account once it has been offered, if a genuine mistake has been made customer services will be more than happy to correct it.

As previously mentioned this is a customer facing forum. You can reach customer services on 202 and they should be able to apply any goodwill credit that has been previously offered. In the meantime it could be a good idea to register on the MyO2 section of the website so you can see a full breakdown of all your bills.

Hope this helps.

C

Message 6 of 34

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hi @PhoneDoc slight_smile

Do you work for O2? If so you need to state so in your signture along with your present disclaimer.

Message 7 of 34

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Hi @PhoneDoc

Great to have more staff members on board, but could I ask that your signature meets the requirements as set out in Community Guidline #12 please?

12.  Staff members posting

Some members of the Community are O2 staff but post in an exclusively personal capacity. If you are an O2 staff member, you will need to include the following statement in your signature: “I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.” If you need help with this, send Toby a private message.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 34

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mentions guys! 

@Anonymous can you tell me when did you last speak to customer services about this and what was the outcome of that conversation? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 34

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Hi there!

Thanks for letting me know, that's it changed. I'm a retail advisor - my shift patterns have recently changed to include day times (which can be quiet) - so thought I may as well contribute on here during the lulls slight_smile
Message 10 of 34