Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive - confused!

Harrysmum2008
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi to anyone who remembers me, it's been a while since I posted.

As the title says, I'm confused by O2 Travel Inclusive.  I spoke to Live Chat this morning as I wanted my PAC to move to Three for their Go Roam.  I was offered O2 Travel Inclusive and decided to go ahead but now I'm having second thoughts as I've found online that data it throttled after 150MB.  I spoke to customer services who said it's unlikely that it would be but I've found so many posts complaining about speed that I'm now regretting staying!

Has anyone been to the US and had decent speeds? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MartinAll ridiculous and not what you need whilst away. It appears O2 CS need some more training about O2 Inclusive. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 64

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Martin

Really sorry to hear the issues your having,

I had a feeling that this may happen.

So I think that what’s happening is that the system is seeing a high data splurge, like speed test or streaming. What’s then happening is the o2 throttling system is kicking in and then not resetting when it should.

lets just say if you used the phone for basic email, odd browsing, face book (no videos) etc, I bet the system classes this as normaly behaviour.

Also I know it’s been asked,  you are Defitnatly on o2 Travel Inclusive.

It has to say this as a bolt on.

Please Check your bolt ons.

and o2 do know what you are using, it’s the system that takes a number of days to update as they have to wait for the other end to send the info, but no matter where you are in the world, using Data is always sent back through the system to O2, so yes they can see what you use. Which is how they know to throttle or kill the data useage all together.

01939453-6567-45C8-A734-9BED11FF898C.jpeg

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 22 of 64

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@gmarkj

So a couple of places, I always check on Google to check for images and make sure the facts are correct.

if you go to Google and type in “ How fast is 4G worldwide” for instance and the. Go to pictures, you will see them there.

There are loads of websites I use and read from. Opensignal is a good one 😀

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 23 of 64

Andrew_H
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Andrew_H wrote:

Martin, it sounds like you are not on O2 Travel inclusive.

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

If you don't have O2 Travel then you will be capped at £48 per bill cycle (for 50MB) or £120 (for 200MB).

If you've been capped at 50MB (which was lifted after you spoke with Customer Service), and capped again at 200MB, it looks like this is what you are on.

Did you get a SMS when you landed in the States, what rates did you say you would be charged?

@Martinstated quite clearly, on his own thread HERE that he WAS on O2 Travel Inclusive @Andrew_H.  CS did not inform him otherwise yesterday, so the advice has been given on the basis that he is.

Rather a mess whichever way you look at it.

Edited to add, this isn't the first thread where customer services tend to be a little confused about Travel Inclusive. slight_frown

I understand that Martin stated that he was on O2 Travel Inclusive - but I'm wondering whether he actually is on it - due to being capped at 50MB and then 200MB which is exactly what would happen if he was not on it.  
Think we need to understand that first of all (as per Darren's later post about checking active Bolt Ons to see if it's there).

Message 24 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes indeed....but sadly @Martin hasn't been back on to confirm. 

I expect he is totally fed up with spending his holiday ringing CS and checking his My O2 upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 64

Martin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They have beat me
I have calls and texts fine. But now accepted I won't be getting any data. There is plenty of WiFi so just using that.
Won't be wasting my holiday ringing CS as I believe they haven't got a clue how this works.
I am on the 18gb 12 month SIM only deal which includes the travel zone bolt on and I can see it on my account.
Like I said before my wife has cancelled her contract and is using a three payg SIM now. We only took the contract for her so we could use in the usa.
My thoughts now...anyone travelling abroad and wanting to use this.. get a back up plan... And remember with the time difference there is only a small window when I can actually contact O2 so don't expect any help
Message 26 of 64

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I know what I'd be doing too......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 64

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin

So annoyed on your behalf. I have just checked the sim only deals in the shop and Every tariff, 15gb and above, has the Travel Inclusive Bolt on, so it's totally outrageous that this hasn't worked for you.

Just as annoying is the fact that O2 CS have proved so unhelpful and appear to know nothing about O2 Travel Inclusive.

I would make a complaint on your return home. Hopefully they will compensate you for your inconvenience!

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 64

Martin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Last day on holiday
2 days with data and 17 without
Lost count how many times I have called CS but after a network investigation and and account reset which took 5 days each and no follow up from CS to say I am disappointed is being polite
How O2 can sell this is unbelievable as they have admitted they know there is a problem as it's 'new' and is having teething problems.
If I can log onto MYO2 whilst in the USA using mobile data then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise my phone and the network do work, but as soon as I try to do anything else eg internet or use an app I get ' no connextion' then it is O2 blocking the connection.
I have tried raising a complaint whist here to no avail, please can anyone give me a contact method to complain for when I get home tomorrow.
TIA martin
PS I have £75 in charges on my account for data roaming this morning dated 16/8/18 which have just appeared, laughable really
Message 30 of 64