Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton kemp town no signal bn2

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No or week signal in kemp town due to The mast in the royal Sussex county hospital has been removed in readiness for a helicopter pad no new mast has been installed in the area to maintain coverage this was switched off on the 25th march 2013 O2 don't appear to have a solution yet in signal any ware in the hospital and very week outside and surrounding area phone is needed for work so no point being on O2 now as all I get all day is no network or searching so get a load of texts and voicemails when I go home
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable

How come you are able to keep us all updated so well, and yet noone from O2 is able to provide us with straightforward honest information?  Quite bizarre!  But thanks very much for the update!

Message 111 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How come you are able to keep us all updated so well, and yet noone from O2 is able to provide us with straightforward honest information?  Quite bizarre!  But thanks very much for the update!

Perhaps they live in a tent at the aerial site? slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 112 of 173

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
the user sparkeybradley works at the site if you read his posts and I guess he must be in the know
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 113 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That was only my feeble attempt at humour Adam. Smiley Surprised

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 114 of 173

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@perksie not aimed at you but the one above your comment forgot to use @ and username was down the pub lol

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 115 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a ludicrous conversation with somebody at the O2 call centre after I was billed today DESPITE promises during an online chat a week ago that I would not be charged for this month’s cycle. We got involved in a sematic debate about what constituted a phone service. He aggressively said that 02 could only wave two months line rental (which I’ve already had) despite the fact I live & work in Kemp Town so have had NO phone service at all since March other than when I leave the area. On a further note I have no idea what they’ve done to the rest of the network but 3G is a non existent anywhere in Brighton. The disinformation and downright lies propagated by the organs of 02 are of an Orwellian nature and I've had enough of this. This is mind boggling behaviour towards customers from a so called legitimate business. Wish I didn’t have to bother to provide services in return for cash in my line of work. Nice one 02.

Message 116 of 173

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@juliancosmos

Perhaps you need to lodge a formal complaint about the issue using the complaints review service. As stated on these forums Live chat is hopeless (but the way o2 are going) a forum search of complaint review will give you the details or on the support pages.

But as you can see from my own experiance last week in this thread I had no issues in and around the hospital. (I do not work for o2)

Apple Watch series 4

Message 117 of 173

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@juliancosmos
no problems with 3G or 2G just some dead spots round the hospital as the signal is not as strong so the problem is most likely with the handset or settings the problem with signal strength should be resolved when the new mast goes up early next week I have also heard that the new permanent mast will de going on the children's hospital royal Alexandra but no time frame for this as yet
Message 118 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having somehow found the correspondence address for complaints - the customer service phonelines just ring and ring, and the webchat 'advisers' are worse than useless - I wrote a letter.  Now, wanting to follow it up, having had not even the courtesy of an acknowledgement, I discover that the links to 'how to complain' on the website no longer work.  It's impossible - as far as I can see - to access the complaints procedure.  Even if a new mast arrives in the near future and wins Best Mast In The Universe Ever, I'm off to EE.  My store of goodwill is exhausted, O2, and I hope your business meets the fate it deserves.

Message 119 of 173

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@swint do none of the links here work? http://www.o2.co.uk/support/consumer-and-complaints-code-of-practice

Apple Watch series 4

Message 120 of 173