Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton kemp town no signal bn2

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No or week signal in kemp town due to The mast in the royal Sussex county hospital has been removed in readiness for a helicopter pad no new mast has been installed in the area to maintain coverage this was switched off on the 25th march 2013 O2 don't appear to have a solution yet in signal any ware in the hospital and very week outside and surrounding area phone is needed for work so no point being on O2 now as all I get all day is no network or searching so get a load of texts and voicemails when I go home
Message 1 of 173
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Guys,

We recently decommissioned a mast close to Brighton Pier which has resulted in a reduction of coverage around that area.  

Unfortunately this couldn’t be prevented and we’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Surrounding masts have been upgraded to increase network capacity, helping to reduce any impact when using your mobile device. We’re working with local authorities to replace this site as soon as we can.

We're also in the process of getting the above message updated to our service status page so customers in that area are informed.

Thanks, Abs

View solution in original post

Message 27 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable
Report it to O2 & ask that are they planning on putting in a new mast
Message 2 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
engineers not aware of any new masts going up in the area Which seems a bit daft as O2 would of had plenty of notice about the removal of the mast at the hospital as the helli pad has been planed for many years now I expect this mast was covering a large area as it was on top of the Tomas kemp tower
Message 3 of 173

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

well looking at the planning pages for brighton o2 seam to have the usual problems of the not in my back yard issue and may well have given up, last one a bit closer to town center thay had to take to appeal and won. http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.cfm?request=c1199915&action=showDetail&APPLICATION_NUMBER=BH20...

Now o2 have the mast sharing agreement perhaps they will just add kit to the 2 vodafone masts in tha area have a look at the out of date sitefinder on the ofcom site and the 2 masts a close to the hospital one on the high ground to the north.

(I travel to that hospital as it is a customers of ours)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks for that adamtemp64 hope they sort it soon there must be hundreds of customers in and around the hospital now without a signal orange have a mast on one of the hospital buildings lets hope it is sorted before we all start swapping over to them
Message 5 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent customer services an email. They didn't know about any mast replacement and suggested that I call the O2 helpline who would put me through to the network team. All they seemed to be able to do was type the postcode into the O2 Service Status webpage (that I've been using) and give me the same info that I've been getting since the 25th March - that they are 'investigating reports that a phone mast in this areas isn't working.' Come on O2 there must be someone who could give us the heads up here. The only useful info I've got on this problem has come from this forum which makes O2 seem a bit unprofessional. I'd rather not switch to Orange but it's beginning to look like I've no choice. That'll be 3 customers lost from just one household. Daft. I would probably hang on if someone from O2 could even give me an outlook on when this problem will be fixed.

Message 6 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 rarely if ever give out that information.

The best answer here is Adam's above.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I no the mast has been removed because I work at the hospital giving O2 access to the roof to remove the equipment so I no it has gone just want to no from O2 what they are doing about it I have heard a whisper that they are in talks with a local garage re a mast if this is the case it ma still take several months due to planning etc
Message 8 of 173

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@sparkybradley

as you work there can you confirm if the planning application above would have covered the hospital as it at mast height is 20 meters higher than the hospital looking at google earth. and about .75 of a mile to the north west.

If so you can blame the neighbours and not o2 . At least the planning inspectorate have seen sence and allowed it but obviously o2 still have to build it.

Plus the 2 nearer vodafone sites that o2 may well be going to put their kit on .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have had no o2 signal since 28th February and just keep on being told they will get around to it sometime! 3 people I have spoken to today have been offered a "get out" of their iphone contracts with no charge. I have had a £10 goodwill credit but would prefer a signal. They have said they may be sharing masts in the future with vodaphone but that's not much help at the moment.

You are not alone sadly!

Message 10 of 173