Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton kemp town no signal bn2

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No or week signal in kemp town due to The mast in the royal Sussex county hospital has been removed in readiness for a helicopter pad no new mast has been installed in the area to maintain coverage this was switched off on the 25th march 2013 O2 don't appear to have a solution yet in signal any ware in the hospital and very week outside and surrounding area phone is needed for work so no point being on O2 now as all I get all day is no network or searching so get a load of texts and voicemails when I go home
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an absolute joke. All we get is rubbish general replies from O2.

Lukcily I'm out of contract and going to move to Vodafone today.

I actually like O2 and kind of gutted I have to leave but then again O2 don;t rally care about my contract. Just another customer paying them each month.

Good bye O2!

Message 11 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Lukcily I'm out of contract and going to move to Vodafone today.

Enjoy Vodafone, their masts will shortly be in the same locations as the O2 ones under their mast sharing agreement.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
there will be the same signal flaws on there network just like everyone else's. the grass isn't always greener, there will someone joining up that will replace you, we are just account numbers & statistics
Message 13 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

What I was HOPING for here, and am thinking it's definately not going to happen, is that someone from O2 would jump on here and say 'I work for O2 heres whats happening and heres an outlook on service being restored.' I have 3 family phones with NO signal at all. I've tried customer support and the helpdesk and they were useless -  able to tell me nothing! OR, how about an update on the O2 Service Status webpage which since 25 March tells us that O2 are 'investigating reports that a phone mast in this area isn't working.' WHit???  Keeping the customer in the dark with no info whatsoever is just unacceptable and would have been unacceptable 30 years ago. Deeply disappointed in O2. Time for my family to change to Orange I think. 

Message 14 of 173

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Deeply disappointed in O2. Time for my family to change to Orange I think. 

You must do as you wish, masts are for obvious reasons down for the minimum period possible.

These problems occur on all networks and then networks are constantly being upgraded and repairs done.

It's amazing how everyone wants a signal but keep objecting to new masts.

Good luck with Orange, you may need it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 15 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that masts need fixing etc...what I can't understand or cope with is dreadful "customer service". I have had a really awful time with o2, at my expense, the misinformation they give out about their own product is astonishing and if I did that within my company I would not have a job for long.

If your mast is down and you can bear it...ring them and ask them to unlock your phone so you can put a cheap sim from someone else in it meantime. Do not get fobbed off if they tell you to ring the 3rd party shop you bought it from nor the manufacturer, both of which I was told, then at least you can use your phone and check out coverage from a different network.

Message 16 of 173

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's a different argument, I always buy mine sim free.

Message 17 of 173

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
This issue in kemp town is rare but happens when nimbys are involved.
The hospital is putting in a helipad on the 18th floor.
O2 have had to remove the mast but applied in the area for a new mast as per planning above in the thread it was refused but overturned at appeal last month.

And now O2 are being blamed?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 18 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

'It's amazing how everyone wants a signal but keep objecting to new masts.'

I'm not objecting to anything on your list. What I AM objecting to is the lack of information from O2. I don't think I'm asking too much to expect to be told whats happening. If the water stopped coming out your tap you'd expect Southern Water to be able to tell you what the problem is and give you an outlook on when normal service would resume. For all I know the O2 service could be down for another year! Or it could be 3 days.
Some official info would be nice thats all.

Message 19 of 173

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

As I said before that is never given out, perhaps they could or should but they don't.

Message 20 of 173