Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton kemp town no signal bn2

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No or week signal in kemp town due to The mast in the royal Sussex county hospital has been removed in readiness for a helicopter pad no new mast has been installed in the area to maintain coverage this was switched off on the 25th march 2013 O2 don't appear to have a solution yet in signal any ware in the hospital and very week outside and surrounding area phone is needed for work so no point being on O2 now as all I get all day is no network or searching so get a load of texts and voicemails when I go home
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Some official info would be nice thats all.

The only network I've ever known to do this is Virgin. On their website they say "Normal service will be resumed in X days" however, it never updates and it always runs over the number of days stated.... which is just as bad, if not worse than not knowing...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was hopping o2 would give us some answers so we can make a informed decision if the problem is going to be resolved then I will hang on but they are not even telling everyone that the mast has gone " we are investigating reports of a mast not working " no it's not there any more do they not even have the correct information themselves ? also I doubt that the proposed mast at idling word road would give adequate coverage as it will have a hill to penetrate to cover kemptown there are five people in my department of 9 all on o2 two have only just gone into a new contract and all have no signal all day we need the network to work where we work or what's the point come on o2 if your not going to sort it out have the balls to tell us
Message 22 of 173

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 do not comment in these forums as a norm, only by all affected raising a formal complaint will o2 respond individually to those affected.

one question though has the works on helipad been bought forward or was it on the schedule o2 knew about.

Also what about the 2 local vodafone sites if o2 put their kit in would that help especially the mast on whitehawk hill?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 23 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lukcily I'm out of contract and going to move to Vodafone today.

Enjoy Vodafone, their masts will shortly be in the same locations as the O2 ones under their mast sharing agreement.

I will enjoy Vodafone thanks! My wife has had full signal since O2 went **bleep** up.

Message 24 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the point here is most of us would have been happy if O2 would just tell us the problem. Then we don't waste hours trying to find out and then get given some lame exucse and troubleshooting steps.

All those still having issues ask O2 for goodwill compensation. They refunded my line rental since 28th of Feb.

Anyway I'm switching today, 48hrs to port number over, good bye O2.

Message 25 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
if you have a iPhone go in to settings then carrier turn off automatic the phone will then surcharge for available networks so you can see which one is best where you are Vodafone looks like the one that seems most consistent here orange is also quite good but 3 is a bit hit and miss although prob has the best tariffs . come on o2 your customers are already walking
Message 26 of 173

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Guys,

We recently decommissioned a mast close to Brighton Pier which has resulted in a reduction of coverage around that area.  

Unfortunately this couldn’t be prevented and we’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Surrounding masts have been upgraded to increase network capacity, helping to reduce any impact when using your mobile device. We’re working with local authorities to replace this site as soon as we can.

We're also in the process of getting the above message updated to our service status page so customers in that area are informed.

Thanks, Abs

Message 27 of 173

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Thanks abs

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 28 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks Abs keep us informed as this is causing a lot of people problems in this area
Message 29 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am grateful that some reponse has come from o2 on this but the info that Abs has given is limited and contradicts previous mails - I can see no evidence that any work has started at the top of the Thomas Kemp Tower which would necessitate removal of a mast from there as mentioned by earlier posters. Surely the helipad won't be contructed until the later stages of the project?

On a replaceent mast, I assume any negotiations with the council will take some time, time which i really don't have so I will need to change provider.

Dave F - what did they say about you finishing your contract early - assuming that you did? Did you go into the shop or contact them by phone? Unfortunately I have a number of colleagues phones linked to mine which I will also have to change, I guess. A load of hassle I can do without.

Message 30 of 173