Did you mean: 

Sim Swap Nightmare

PaulP
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry for long post.

I’ve been trying to get my phone number (xxxxxxxx) transfered to a new sim for 6 days.

It’s still not resolved.

It goes as follows:

28/2.  O2 shop Thanet, I got  a replacement sim for a sim swap, old sim is turned off within an hour, new sim NOT activated. Wait 24hours

29/2.  O2 shop Thanet, Guru checks the sim in one of their phones, doesn’t work, so they give a SECOND sim to try again. Wait 24hours

1/3.   Sim not activated.  In the meantime after a web chat, your guy posts me a new payg sim, says he can fix it.

2/3. O2 shop Thanet, Morning: Guru checks the new sim, doesn’t work, they give me a THIRD sim to try, this time in a different phone as well. Wait 24hours

3/3. O2 shop Thanet, Still not working. Had a long chat with complaints dept, she said it will be working in a few hours.

3/3 Afternoon: still not working, call again, a man assures me, he guarantees it will be working by the evening. It doesn’t work.

4/3 Morning: Call again explain everything again, says he’ll send a new sim, guarantees it will work.

5/5 FOURTH sim arrives, doesn’t work, call again, explain again, she says she’ll fix it, I tell her it won’t work, there’s a problem somewhere.

She says she’ll transfer my number to the payg sim I got, then swap it to the FOURTH sim. I don’t believe her. She insists I wait 24hours again.

She transfers the new payg sim number to the fourth sim, but NOT the correct number, totally pointless.

6/6

There is not a problem with my phones, I have tried using 2 different iphones and 2 different samsungs, that all work fine with other O2 sims.

The “Guru” at the O2 shop couldn’t understand why it was not working, said it’s never happened before.

I’m going mad, I need this number to be active as it’s linked to many important accounts.

Any help would be appreciated

Paul

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PaulP
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update:

Just letting everyone know the outcome, I just phoned CS again and while on the phone to them I put the Second sim, from 29/2 and it worked. This is one they told me to throw away on 2 occasions (I didn't obs). The only extra thing I did, was yesterday I topped up an extra £10 to see if it added to my account, it did. Maybe they read my post and got their fingers out. Thanks for reading.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Another one for @Martin-O2 tomorrow.

Hang on for a message from him.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 3 of 11

PaulP
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for replying, I can access the number on myO2 account, and it still shows I have £21.40 credit on it.

Message 4 of 11

PaulP
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks

Message 5 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the tag @MI5!

@PaulP I'll drop you a message to get some details and hopefully we can get this on sorted out for you. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 11

PaulP
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks Martin

Message 7 of 11

PaulP
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update:

Just letting everyone know the outcome, I just phoned CS again and while on the phone to them I put the Second sim, from 29/2 and it worked. This is one they told me to throw away on 2 occasions (I didn't obs). The only extra thing I did, was yesterday I topped up an extra £10 to see if it added to my account, it did. Maybe they read my post and got their fingers out. Thanks for reading.

Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Strange it is called a SIM when it is far from SIMple 🤣

Good you kept all Sims, and that it is now sorted, @PaulP.

A swap from micro to nano SIM here recently took a day to stabilise, and a 10.00 top-up on top of the 10.00 put on the new PAYG nano SIM when purchased in order to retain a data bolt-on. Will see what happens on 28-Mar re data roll-over etc.

Message 10 of 11