Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay As You Go

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Access Voicemail without credit/minutes

Hi, any way to access voicemail messages when out of credit/minutes? I think it slightly ridiculous that accessing my voicemail isn't a free service. (That I know anyway).

Cheers.

Highlighted
Topics: 559
Solutions: 14,341

Re: Access Voicemail without credit/minutes

@CC_ 

You can call from a landline https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

@CC_ Calling from a land line will incur a charge to that number.

O2 used to have a 'Lend us a quid' program, but they've discontinued it. Very kind of them to do that.Smiley Frustrated

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted

BT and Virgin (that I know of) both offer tariffs with free calls to UK mobile numbers or of course you can call from another mobile's inclusive minutes.
As far as I am aware, the lend us a quid service is still running, but you will still have to top up at some point to pay it back.
https://www.o2.co.uk/myo2/top-up/lend-us-a-quid
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

[ Edited ]

According to this thread, the service was discontinued nearly a year ago. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lend-us-a-quid/td-p/1080147/page/2 Perhaps @Martin-O2 can confirm or alter what he posted then.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted

It's still printed on current PAYG sim packaging that's it's available so who knows with O2 ?
@Martin-O2 any ideas please?

Currently using:
Highlighted
Community Manager

@MI5@CC_@Bambino As far as I'm aware it's been discontinued however I'll double check with the team for you. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Community Manager

Regarding the Lend Us A Quid I've received some clarification and although it's been shut down because it was built into some tariffs it will still be available to a small number of customers who are on International SIM, Classic & old/legacy tariffs.

To check if you're eligible or not, dial 4444 from your Pay & Go number and if your're eligible and have a balance of 50p or less, you'll have the ‘Lend Us A Quid’ option. If you're not on a compatible/eligible tariff, this option won't be available. 

I'll update the other thread to reflect this. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Highlighted

Thanks Martin

Currently using:
Highlighted
Community Manager

No problem @MI5. Good to clear up exactly whats happening with LUAQ!

signature