Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Voicemail without credit/minutes

CC_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, any way to access voicemail messages when out of credit/minutes? I think it slightly ridiculous that accessing my voicemail isn't a free service. (That I know anyway).

Cheers.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Regarding the Lend Us A Quid I've received some clarification and although it's been shut down because it was built into some tariffs it will still be available to a small number of customers who are on International SIM, Classic & old/legacy tariffs.

To check if you're eligible or not, dial 4444 from your Pay & Go number and if your're eligible and have a balance of 50p or less, you'll have the ‘Lend Us A Quid’ option. If you're not on a compatible/eligible tariff, this option won't be available. 

I'll update the other thread to reflect this. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@CC_ 

You can call from a landline https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@CC_ Calling from a land line will incur a charge to that number.

O2 used to have a 'Lend us a quid' program, but they've discontinued it. Very kind of them to do that.Smiley Frustrated

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
BT and Virgin (that I know of) both offer tariffs with free calls to UK mobile numbers or of course you can call from another mobile's inclusive minutes.
As far as I am aware, the lend us a quid service is still running, but you will still have to top up at some point to pay it back.
https://www.o2.co.uk/myo2/top-up/lend-us-a-quid
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

According to this thread, the service was discontinued nearly a year ago. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lend-us-a-quid/td-p/1080147/page/2 Perhaps @Martin-O2 can confirm or alter what he posted then.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's still printed on current PAYG sim packaging that's it's available so who knows with O2 ?
@Martin-O2 any ideas please?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@MI5@CC_@Bambino As far as I'm aware it's been discontinued however I'll double check with the team for you. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 7 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Regarding the Lend Us A Quid I've received some clarification and although it's been shut down because it was built into some tariffs it will still be available to a small number of customers who are on International SIM, Classic & old/legacy tariffs.

To check if you're eligible or not, dial 4444 from your Pay & Go number and if your're eligible and have a balance of 50p or less, you'll have the ‘Lend Us A Quid’ option. If you're not on a compatible/eligible tariff, this option won't be available. 

I'll update the other thread to reflect this. 

signature

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thanks Martin

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem @MI5. Good to clear up exactly whats happening with LUAQ!

signature

Message 10 of 10