Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Network down

Trev04uk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My 02 network was down near on all day on Thursday the 6th of December. First of all I use my phone for work at a job where I rely on my phone, So I broke down on my motorbike on the a1 at rush hour time, I had to move on the hard shoulder, then I tried to ring work to let them know I wouldn't be in work due to being stuck on the A1 dual carriageway, my phone wouldn't let me ring out nor would it let me even text, then to make it worse I had to walk to find a phone on the a1 to get my motorbike recovered which cost me £67:52p which if my phone was working I could of gotten it recovered by a friend for a snip of that price, then to make matters worse my work did not know I wasn't gonna be in until I got home and rang off a land-line phone, which by the time I gotten home was far to late to get a replacement I'm for me, and I work at a fast paced environment which in turn leaves my team colleagues down a person which in turn leaves them a person Down which can lead to delays, luckily at work it wasn't to busy so they managed, but I lost a days pay & got a verbal warning for not getting in touch with work at time to get me replaced for that shift, then to top it all off I tried to send alot of texts keep trying to get someone to come and help me recover my motorbike and trying to text people to tell my work I couldn't get in, at around 7pm last night it decided to send every single SMS texts I had sent to send them all through at 7pm when it was too late and used up alot of my texts from what I tried to send from earlier on sent them all at once and used up alot of my texts which the majority of them were the same text to the same person with me not realizing the network was down so I'm turn I kept texting hoping one would get through, I tried ringing 02 off a land-line last night and couldn't get through, and now I've rang twice today and was put on hold both times today. Telling me there was a long waiting time, which is understandable, but after holding both times for around 40 minute's or so each time sitting on hold them decides to cut me off after waiting for that long, I couldn't even get in touch with my children who are also on 02 as is my wife and found it very hard to ring the school so I could ask them to keep my child in school incase I was late picking them up and my wife was at work and couldn't let her know to finish early to pick my daughter up, but luckily I got back in time, but my wife is also on paygo on 02 with no bolt ons, when the network was working again I got 27 texts of near on the same thing and charged her for each text as she just uses credit to text and call because she barely uses her phone just really incase she really needs to so took alot of her credit which £10 usually lasts her 2/3 months, I've not been offered an apology or any compensation for this, I've heard they are offering pay as you go customers 10% credit on a top up and contract monthly customers get 2 days free airtime, and I haven't got my 10% yet nor been offered it yet, but people on contract gets better compensation than us people on pay as you go, I've been with 02 for ten years but after yesterday's fiascoes I'm really considering going to Vodafone or another network, they could of even sent an apology text to all users when the network was up and running again.
This company is a disgrace and customer service is shocking and none existent!
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Trev04uk 

Announced earlier

• For our Pay Monthly customers, SMB business customers and mobile broadband customers we will be crediting two days of monthly airtime subscription charges by the end of January 
• For our Pay As You Go customers we will be giving a 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 
• For our Pay As You Go mobile broadband customers we will be giving a 10% discount on a Bolt On purchase in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Trev04uk 

Announced earlier

• For our Pay Monthly customers, SMB business customers and mobile broadband customers we will be crediting two days of monthly airtime subscription charges by the end of January 
• For our Pay As You Go customers we will be giving a 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 
• For our Pay As You Go mobile broadband customers we will be giving a 10% discount on a Bolt On purchase in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Trev04uk, and thanks for your comments. We have an official topic about issues with the network so we're locking this thread to keep the conversation in one please. Please use this thread to find out our latest updates and share your feedback. 

Thanks, 

The community team. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3