cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cortana & Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I've heard that WP 8.1 Update 1 is rolling out to the Lumia 930 devices at the moment, anyone know when other handsets will get the update? Is O2 involved in this update like they were with 8.1 itself?

I have the 1520 and can't wait to upgrade!

Cheers!

Message 1 of 115
114 REPLIES 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Message 81 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

any idea when we'll see this out on the Lumia 925 (the previous flagship phone !) ??

Message 82 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll second the request for info on the 925.

Eagerly awaiting this update.

Message 83 of 115

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Still nothing yet I'm afraid but soon as I find out more about GDR1 for the other Lumia devices i'll keep everyone updated

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 84 of 115

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Thanks @Chris_K. I'm looking forward to GDR1 as well - I'm avoiding developer versions and can't wait for Cortana.
Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 85 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious to know why do you want to avoid the Developer Preview program?  You could be enjoying Cortana now.

Message 86 of 115

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I need an O2 build because of company policy... long story!
Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 87 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not entirely sure of the procedure here and why this is taking so long however, surely if this update is being rolled out to devices at the moment there is a rollout plan? A schedule?

It seems to me that historically, we wait for an update to start rolling out, someone says "i've got it", then we all wait. Is there no plan for when this be rolling out, no date?

All these gripes we have with updates running late etc or not when we want could surely be softened if we are told it will arrive WC XX Date.

Windows Phone is down at the bottom of the list as it is, feels like i've been waiting an eternity for live folders and cortana.

Sorry to sound like i'm moaning, i appreicate what info we get, but it just always seems lacking.

Cheers

Message 88 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

When will the update be rolled out for the 925, as usual previous 'flagship' phones get forgotten about or O2 are slow in getting the update out, all in an attempt to get us to upgrade our phones!

Message 89 of 115

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

I'm loosing track of which phones have been asked about and which one Chris has answered against which ones have it.....?

Maybe @Chris_K could do a quick post with a reference to each phone and 8.1/Update 1 status....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 90 of 115