Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Cortana & Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1

Hi Everyone,

I've heard that WP 8.1 Update 1 is rolling out to the Lumia 930 devices at the moment, anyone know when other handsets will get the update? Is O2 involved in this update like they were with 8.1 itself?

I have the 1520 and can't wait to upgrade!

Cheers!

Anonymous

Re: Cortana & Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1

I'm sure @Chris_K from the social media team will keep us all up to speed on O2 firmware approved rollouts.
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I have a Lumia 930 & have seen the announcement about the update for it. I have not received it yet so would be good to know if O2 have authorised it yet? My brother has the 1520 and cant wait for the updates for that!

Anonymous

Ahhhhhh the joys of having a truely sim free / unbranded handset Smiley Wink

My 930 updated yesterday, a totaly painless process ( unlike previous Android updates i've had in the past! )

O2 Social Media Team

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm sure @Chris_K from the social media team will keep us all up to speed on O2 firmware approved rollouts.

I shall indeed Smiley Happy As soon as I know more i'll keep y'all updated

CommunitySig_Animated_2.gif

Topics: 34
Kudos: 55
Solutions: 3

I've also got a 1520 but i've not heard anything yet. I can imagine it won't be long though but I unbranded mine. 

OnePlus 3 (7.0)

Macbook Pro Retina
Apple TV 3rd Gen
iPad Air
PS4, PS3, PSVita (liam-ward)
Many more little gadgets and toys

Nokia Lumia 635 Review
Xperia Ultra Z Review
iPhone 6 Plus from Lumia 1520 compariview
Anonymous

Any update on this? Would like to have a bit of Cortana in my life without having to bother with the Dev Preview.

Anonymous

On other forums most of the people that have the update seem to be owners of sim free handsets. Although a few with branded handsets have it. So will just have to wait for what appears to be a gradual role out which is the norm for Windows Phone.
Anonymous

Just checked my phone for updates and nothing yet.... we wait i guess....

O2 Social Media Team

[ Edited ]

We're in testing for the 930 8.1 Update 1 and things are going well. We hope to be releasing it back to be pushed to customers soon but don't yet have a precise date. Once testing is finished and approved, we typically see the updates push out within about a week or two.

No further details at present for other Lumia devices but it's something we're actively looking into - again i'll keep you posted.

CommunitySig_Animated_2.gif