cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cortana & Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I've heard that WP 8.1 Update 1 is rolling out to the Lumia 930 devices at the moment, anyone know when other handsets will get the update? Is O2 involved in this update like they were with 8.1 itself?

I have the 1520 and can't wait to upgrade!

Cheers!

Message 1 of 115
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're in testing for the 930 8.1 Update 1 and things are going well. We hope to be releasing it back to be pushed to customers soon but don't yet have a precise date. Once testing is finished and approved, we typically see the updates push out within about a week or two.

No further details at present for other Lumia devices but it's something we're actively looking into - again i'll keep you posted.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 115
114 REPLIES 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure @Chris_K from the social media team will keep us all up to speed on O2 firmware approved rollouts.
Message 2 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Lumia 930 & have seen the announcement about the update for it. I have not received it yet so would be good to know if O2 have authorised it yet? My brother has the 1520 and cant wait for the updates for that!

Message 3 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhhhh the joys of having a truely sim free / unbranded handset wink

My 930 updated yesterday, a totaly painless process ( unlike previous Android updates i've had in the past! )

Message 4 of 115

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm sure @Chris_K from the social media team will keep us all up to speed on O2 firmware approved rollouts.

I shall indeed slight_smile As soon as I know more i'll keep y'all updated

Message 5 of 115

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I've also got a 1520 but i've not heard anything yet. I can imagine it won't be long though but I unbranded mine. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 6 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this? Would like to have a bit of Cortana in my life without having to bother with the Dev Preview.

Message 7 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable
On other forums most of the people that have the update seem to be owners of sim free handsets. Although a few with branded handsets have it. So will just have to wait for what appears to be a gradual role out which is the norm for Windows Phone.
Message 8 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked my phone for updates and nothing yet.... we wait i guess....

Message 9 of 115

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're in testing for the 930 8.1 Update 1 and things are going well. We hope to be releasing it back to be pushed to customers soon but don't yet have a precise date. Once testing is finished and approved, we typically see the updates push out within about a week or two.

No further details at present for other Lumia devices but it's something we're actively looking into - again i'll keep you posted.

Message 10 of 115