cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cortana & Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I've heard that WP 8.1 Update 1 is rolling out to the Lumia 930 devices at the moment, anyone know when other handsets will get the update? Is O2 involved in this update like they were with 8.1 itself?

I have the 1520 and can't wait to upgrade!

Cheers!

Message 1 of 115
114 REPLIES 114

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I'm loosing track of which phones have been asked about and which one Chris has answered against which ones have it.....?

Maybe @Chris_K could do a quick post with a reference to each phone and 8.1/Update 1 status....?

As soon as we find out more, this is my intention 🙂

Currently, GDR1 is only available for the Lumia 930 via O2. I can't comment on where other networks are with this process as we simply don't know but I suspect they'll be in the same boat, awaiting further details on the GDR1 rollout.

I know it's not much for you guys but it's something we're hoping to have more info on sometime soon... Soon as I get it, you'll all know 🙂

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 92 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

If I download wp dp, and update to 8.1.1 - will I have to perform a roll back in order to update to Denim - or will that be pushed out to all users?

Message 93 of 115

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
It should be pushed out to all users automatically.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 94 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris got my lumia 930 from carphone warehouse when will it be released for people like me? thanks.

Message 95 of 115

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Chris got my lumia 930 from carphone warehouse when will it be released for people like me? thanks.

Not a question that O2 can answer - You need to ask Microsoft as you will be on generic UK firmware.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 96 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

come on O2 pull your finger out.  I'm begining to wonder if the sole person (it as to be just one person as it's taking sooooooo long) that has been tasked to check that all the O2 stuff works with the latest windows update has gone on holiday????

Message 97 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

A fair point.

Are older phone users being tacken serriously? One of the reasons I bought my phone from o2 was the expectation of good support. By support I mean new features being pushed out to all phones that can support them, not just new ones.

Message 98 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

I must confess when i started this thread I expected a quicker resolution than this! This has been going for weeks now, and my 1520 doesn't seem to be any closer to an update with only a "you'll know when we know" from O2.

It would be great to get some insight from O2 as to what exactly the "testing" entails? C'mon O2, you've been seen as the pioneer of new and exciting devices, but they just don't seem bothered with Windows Phone any more - what's the deal!?

Message 99 of 115

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Ben,

Sorry about the wait on this, I can understand its frustrating. Once we have info on this, so will you slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 100 of 115