cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer O2 contract to a different O2 phone?

AndyHy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have received a new sim card and phone number from O2 as part of an upgrade to our Virgin contract.

I intended this for the use of my partner who has been with O2 for many years.

However, although she could transfer her existing number, she does not want to lose what is stored (family photos etc) on her current sim card.

Is it possible for me to transfer the new contract to her existing one and return the new unused sim card to you?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Very little is stored on the SIM card, certainly not photos, @AndyHy. At most, some phone numbers may be on the SIM, but your phone will have a feature that lets you transfer these numbers to the phone's internal address book.

The new SIM, if it fits in the phone you have (most of them do these days), can go straight into that phone, and your phone will work using the number assigned to that SIM.

Transfering the phone number from old to new SIM could then be done, either online or at an O2 shop (take photo id).

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 may help explain the process.

I hope this helps, @AndyHy - good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Very little is stored on the SIM card, certainly not photos, @AndyHy. At most, some phone numbers may be on the SIM, but your phone will have a feature that lets you transfer these numbers to the phone's internal address book.

The new SIM, if it fits in the phone you have (most of them do these days), can go straight into that phone, and your phone will work using the number assigned to that SIM.

Transfering the phone number from old to new SIM could then be done, either online or at an O2 shop (take photo id).

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 may help explain the process.

I hope this helps, @AndyHy - good luck!

Message 2 of 2