Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 70: Enigma

Re: Account fraud

@MoleHD Good news that you've got the problem in hand. Do you have any idea how they got hold of your account details?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Level 1: Joiner

It was simple phishing by a voice message when I was tired and busy doing something else...claiming to be o2 of course.

I'm normally very security conscious... which makes my stupidity worse. I was quick off the mark as soon as the phone was locked and contacted the bank to avert disaster...o2 this morning to regain control of my phone and account.

All's well...thankfully... in any case Smiley Happy

Topics: 574
Solutions: 16,177

Thanks for letting us know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,306

Everyone needs to be so aware these days, though there are many vulnerable people who aren't so vigilant both those not very technically minded and the elderly. 😒

Level 70: Enigma

Thanks for the update @MoleHD It's always good to know how these slimebags operate. I hope you've reported it on the ActionFraud site as well.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Community Manager

I'm really pleased to hear that this has been sorted @MoleHD and thanks for sharing the circumstances of what happened. It helps others avoid falling victim to similar scams. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature