cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is a message for O2 bosses if they want to keep O2 company as a global big phone service.

donecek
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was thinking I could use an O2 SIM card anywhere around the planet as the O2 company seemed to me to be a very big corporation...

Sadly, once you leave Europe the glory of the O2 company is fading significantly and about this a big O2 company one can't find out even a small trace in the South Pacific area... 

My SIM card can't be used despite the fact I depend on the connection from the O2 SIM card.

I think some O2 services could be provided via its website to keep our O2 SIM cards alive as I remember it used to be possible to use the O2 website for SMS, calling etc.

Please, would you let to know your O2 bosses about that idea as some O2 customers living abroad would appreciate some services like these... Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10443 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3058 Solutions

@donecek

In fairness you have said naff all about the issue you are having, and o2 dont have physical networks all over the world they rely on roaming partners to provide service, (this is how mobiles have worked for decades).. 

So where are you in the South Pacific, and what issues are you having... ???

Also why is every thing you type in bold???

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 34

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7004 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1569 Solutions

So it sounds like you are living abroad and with your reference to keeping you SIM card alive I'm guessing it is PAYG 

UK SIM cards, contract or PAYG on any network are not intended for long term foreign use. The fact that it happens does not mean you have a right to a connection and networks are free to withdraw a service at anytime.

I look forward to the executive answer.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 12 of 34

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23403 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3728 Solutions

Below are the odds that anyone in O2 management will see these posts, or that any of it will go any further other than from community members in this forum:

No Hope

Bob Hope

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 34

madasaf1sh
  • 10443 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3058 Solutions

madasaf1sh_0-1710692744345.gif

Message 14 of 34

donecek
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, definitely, I will inform you about that...especially now that Virging and O2 joined power so that they can make a huge global market, of course, if they want to do that... 

Message 15 of 34

madasaf1sh
  • 10443 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3058 Solutions

@donecek 

You are confused VMo2 is a UK only operator (its a JV between Telefonica who owned o2 and Liberty Global who own Virgin Media ), so not sure where you are getting this huge global market from??  And they have no intention of doing anything outside of the UK (and Ireland for Virgin Media)..... 

Think you are still barking up a wrong tree....

Message 16 of 34

donecek
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I can confirm that I live in the Cook Islands now, and I want to do some hard work to connect Europe towards this part of the South Pacific because I think we deserve to be properly connected to each other...

The Cook Islands operate just one monopoly phone provider which calls Vodafone Cook Islands and it's a franchise company.

And you can believe me or not but since I arrived here I've been fighting with European mobile operators to unblock their incoming and outgoing calls towards the Cook Islands...some of them have done that already but still there needs to be put some hard work ... 

I will do my best to inform you via this forum once an outcome appears... 

Message 17 of 34

donecek
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I like to type it in bold because I don't have spectacles so it's a bit easy for me to read it like that.

Yes, I do agree with you, that the O2 needs to make agreements with local South Pacific phone providers to keep the connection switched on once they want to call themselves a global big phone provider...

I live in the Cook Islands where the monopoly Vodafone Cook Islands company provides all connections towards the world...

Most European phone providers blocked outgoing and incoming calls to the Cook Islands but I started a fight with them so the situation is getting a bit better now...

So we need to force O2 company to start cooperating with local phone providers to unite Europe with South Pacific islands at last!!!! This is my aim for myself, for the good of European people including the UK too...

Message 18 of 34

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7194 Posts
  • 137 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@donecek wrote:

Yes, definitely, I will inform you about that...especially now that Virging and O2 joined power so that they can make a huge global market, of course, if they want to do that... 

I am not quite sure about that @donecek ; VMO2 are big in the UK and have a presence in some parts of Europe, but there are many parts of the world in which they are still almost unknown. There is a difference between wanting to be a global powerhouse and actually being one ! 👍 

Message 19 of 34

donecek
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm not confused, you need to read properly my comments.

The only I need to see from these UK phone providers is to sign cooperation with local phone providers to make the phone market more globalized...

What is wrong with that idea, please, in your opinion?

You can go on the Internet and you can read about phone providers imploring everywhere there about huge cooperation among them but in practical life it's still such poor cooperation...

Yes, I  started barking here because I needed to get some contact with the big bosses of O2 company and I was right to start from here because it's not easy to catch these hiding big bosses from big companies... 

Message 20 of 34