cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

After a decade of very happy service its goodbye. Since being taken over by Liberty customer service is none existent.

In the old days PAYG customers could live chat with customer services. Now its a chat bot. That won't let me through to real person to find out why 3 days of being cut off during calls.

The Chat bot suggested I call customer services but of course I couldn't because I was being cut off.

Any company that uses a chat bot does not value customers, it just wants to get rid of them. The one time I did phone customer service last year (now all foreign call centers) All the guy wanted to do was earn his commission by trying to sell me a monthly plan. I had to put the phone down on him. Liberty Media did exactly the same thing to Virgin media customer services. Ruined them.

During the Telefonica days I felt like a valued customer, not now. 

What a hassle but as soon as is feasible its bye to O2.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7003 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1569 Solutions

Well the beauty of PAYG is the ability to leave when you want.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23403 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3728 Solutions

@Anonymous If you want to keep your number see this guide: PAC code (o2.co.uk)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bambino it wont be for a while yet. I am looking for the best alternative now.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Enli. I will have to get PAC code when I am ready. Got credit saved up..

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10443 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3058 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Have a look on some of the comparison sites, or the ispreview.co.uk forums and the hot deals topic, lots of deals such as Spusu, Smarty, and even giffgaff...

Just to add o2 havent been taken over its a JV with Liberty Global, although it did mean like all integrations cost saving and reduction in duplication of roles has to happen, and its £2K per month to employ a UK CS employee, or £500 a month in the Philippines which is why the likes of Apple and HP have there contact centres over there...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37112 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1687 Solutions
Message 7 of 7