cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MUSIC:- iPod versus a Smartphone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Nokia touch & type phone, the contract on that runs out in about sometime say Nov/Dec time - I have a basic Kindle coming off Amazon shortly for reading - I am currently buying CDs off Amazon and playing them on (1) a mini tower system my son gave me several years ago now & (2) a personal flat 7"square electronic device I can plug headphones into, but I want something more personal/portable. After doing some research on Google about what the various portable electonic devices are about.I have come up with the iPod OR do I wait until later in the year when my phone is up for renewal & my free SKY tv goes off (to do with O2 going over to SKY for internet provision) & then Xmas would be coming up ..... & tie every thing up neatly and go for a smartphone? 

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Anonymous
Not applicable
..... & modest too = ha ha ha !!!
Message 31 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
ty Traceyjs1975 - that's made things much clearer for me from WispaRed7
Message 32 of 73

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Everyone has been so patient with me as well and they probably think I'm a complete dinosaur now I've admitted to keeping everything separate!

These are the gadgets that I have:

iPhone used for internet, camera, music

iPad

Laptop as not everything can be done on an iPad

iPod Classic so I can store all my music in one place and it's compatible with my Sound Dock

iPod Nano to be used on the rare occasions I venture to the gym

Kindle as I can't read on my phone or iPad

Camera as the iPhone camera is good but not good enough

You forgot to mention your suitcase to carry it all in Confused

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 33 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
ty Traceyjs1975 - that's made things much clearer for me from WispaRed7

Some people prefer to have everything on one device, others want their one gadget to do the tasks of many. There are pros and cons for both ways of thinking, but like you and Tracey I have separate gadgets for everything:

4th Generation iPod Touch

BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

BlackBerry Playbook

Digital Camera

Laptop

PC

Kindle

Each serves its own purpose and is used as such.

With regard to getting a smartphone that you'll use as your only music player, camera and more, consider what will happen should you have problems with your phone/it breaks/you lose it? You then essentially lose the use of your music player, camera, etc as well...

Message 34 of 73

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
What camera brand do you go for PapaDug?

I'm a Nikon man personally.....
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 35 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Everyone has been so patient with me as well and they probably think I'm a complete dinosaur now I've admitted to keeping everything separate!

These are the gadgets that I have:

iPhone used for internet, camera, music

iPad

Laptop as not everything can be done on an iPad

iPod Classic so I can store all my music in one place and it's compatible with my Sound Dock

iPod Nano to be used on the rare occasions I venture to the gym

Kindle as I can't read on my phone or iPad

Camera as the iPhone camera is good but not good enough

You forgot to mention your suitcase to carry it all in Confused

Now now!  I don't carry them all at once - the laptop doesn't even leave the house!

Message 36 of 73

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I'm also in the multidevice camp Smiley LOL

Blackberry Z10 Smartphone, primary device

iPod Classic for music and portable file storage or

iPhone 4s/ 4th gen iPod touch for occasional music/podcasts.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Satnav + portable media player + sketchpad + secondary smartphone

Panasonic TZ20 digital camera (got to have at least that 16x optical zoom)

Olympus DSLR - for when a compact isn't good enough

HP Tablet PC - nearing EOL

Samsung Q1U UMPC

Blackberry playbook

Desktop PCs

Kindle - because reading on anything else strains the eyes.

An assortment of portable hard drives for videos etc.

All get used in different ways according to the situation.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 37 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have a digital camera, but don't use it as sometimes it takes fotos & sometimes there is nothing in the camera when I get home from say a short break away 2 the seaside = there is something  not doing right with it but I don't know what it is = well out of guarentee now - it is in the downstairs living room bureau in a neat soft case & all the instructions & accessories etc in the box as well.

As regards fotos on my mobile = when the number of them gets up to nearly full I go to my local independent photo shop & put them onto disk & I like having an index of very small numbered prints to look 4 a past foto should I need to print off again = it suits me, BUT I have found the digital camera a bit of a pain to carry around in my handbag whereas my mobile is slim.

My Kindle arrived today + soft case to put it in BUT didn't know I'd need some type of charging unit to plug it into = ha ha ha !!! = I think I've got that right but I'm not so sure = does it need batteries = re-chargeable? 

I'd B lost if anything happened to my mobile 4 loss of contacts phone numbers slight_smile

Message 38 of 73

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

You can charge your Kindle by attaching the data cable it came  with to the USB post on your Laptop or you can buy a plug such as this to plug the same lead into the mains.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sumnique-Adapter-Charger-players-Digital/dp/B000W49K0U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qi...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 39 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you MI5 - my son thought it might be solar powered, Cat Very Happy

Message 40 of 73