cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MUSIC:- iPod versus a Smartphone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Nokia touch & type phone, the contract on that runs out in about sometime say Nov/Dec time - I have a basic Kindle coming off Amazon shortly for reading - I am currently buying CDs off Amazon and playing them on (1) a mini tower system my son gave me several years ago now & (2) a personal flat 7"square electronic device I can plug headphones into, but I want something more personal/portable. After doing some research on Google about what the various portable electonic devices are about.I have come up with the iPod OR do I wait until later in the year when my phone is up for renewal & my free SKY tv goes off (to do with O2 going over to SKY for internet provision) & then Xmas would be coming up ..... & tie every thing up neatly and go for a smartphone? 

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Anonymous
Not applicable

me to Traceyjs1975:- ty, actually my initial thoughts were like you ie keep everything seperate - I have laptop which I'm happy to use for internet = not yet tried Windows VLC Media Player on it & I've had my Acer Aspire laptop, which I like, 2 years come this May = my basic Kindle is to come this Thursday, for reading & that's where my initial question came from regarding what for portable music ..... Cat Happy

Message 21 of 73

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23470 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

If you're happy carrying around several devices, that's entirely up to you. We're suggesting that you don't have to do that, and you can have everything you need in one.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 73

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
But I don't want an Android phone! wink

Doesn't have to be Android - just anything other than Apple LOL

There are ways on an iphone and ios like http://www.photofast.tw/iFlashDrive2013_1.html but they do cost lol search maplin 64gb with lightining and 30 pin about £250 ouch!!!!!

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 23 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

me to Adamtemp64:- ty 4 the information I am going to do that + what MI5 has said about using my own username as a Tag ..... Cat Happy

Message 24 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

me to Traceyjs1975:- ty I have tagged your message along with most of the rest with my username for easy accessibility - you are all being so king and patient with me = ty Cat Happy

Message 25 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

me to Bambino:- my laptop stays at home 99% of the time & I work on it as now in my little bedroom which has become my workroom = I'm happy with that.

My Kindle, which is to come on Thursday, will be used for reading at home or it will be in my handbag along with my current little Nokia touch & type phone, but I would like some portable music.

I can't imagine me using the internet on my phone or films or videos or stuff like that.

I use the radio on my phone occassionally

I use the camera on my phone a lot. I am new to Facebook & don't know really how to post a foto from my phone onto fb ie I am so so far behind, & no-where to go locally that I can afford to get utd ..... Cat Happy

Message 26 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

You people have cracking sense of humour ..... Cat Happy

Message 27 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well known for it slight_smile
Message 28 of 73

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

You people have cracking sense of humour ..... Cat Happy

When you want to respond to a post just the click "Reply" button in that post and a box will appear showing that post.

You can then type your answer and it will be clear who you're answering.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 29 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone has been so patient with me as well and they probably think I'm a complete dinosaur now I've admitted to keeping everything separate!

These are the gadgets that I have:

iPhone used for internet, camera, music

iPad

Laptop as not everything can be done on an iPad

iPod Classic so I can store all my music in one place and it's compatible with my Sound Dock

iPod Nano to be used on the rare occasions I venture to the gym

Kindle as I can't read on my phone or iPad

Camera as the iPhone camera is good but not good enough

Message 30 of 73