cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MUSIC:- iPod versus a Smartphone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Nokia touch & type phone, the contract on that runs out in about sometime say Nov/Dec time - I have a basic Kindle coming off Amazon shortly for reading - I am currently buying CDs off Amazon and playing them on (1) a mini tower system my son gave me several years ago now & (2) a personal flat 7"square electronic device I can plug headphones into, but I want something more personal/portable. After doing some research on Google about what the various portable electonic devices are about.I have come up with the iPod OR do I wait until later in the year when my phone is up for renewal & my free SKY tv goes off (to do with O2 going over to SKY for internet provision) & then Xmas would be coming up ..... & tie every thing up neatly and go for a smartphone? 

Message 1 of 73
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145966 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
I've got everything on my phone, including Sky TV slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

MI5
  • 145966 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
I've got everything on my phone, including Sky TV slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

A smart phone can work perfectly fine as an mp3 player & also as a kindle device.

If you have a lot of music / books / films you would like to carry around it may be best to look for a phone that has a memory card slot.

Heavy usage can drain the battery, maybe look at the newer Sony Android powered smart phones with stamina mode included.

I have a lot of my music collection ( 8.5 gigs worth ) on my Sony smart phone, it's simple drag, drop & sync with Windows media player, I also have Kindle books on the phone.

Message 3 of 73

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23391 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3726 Solutions

You can pretty much get everything you need in one device these days. You might want to look at what is now known as a phablet. Here's a link:

http://www.wired.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phones/2013-10/best-phablets

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Sony Xperia T2 Ultra with 6" screen annouced today.

Message 5 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5, I would have expected nothing less from you = ha ha ha !!! slight_smile

Message 6 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for replying.

Is there anyway I can keep these replies together in one place which I can refer back to - is this what the add tag thingy means - I am very much a novice with IT stuff,, but as a Yorkshire woman am not above just being plain honest, open & upfront about it, ty slight_smile

Message 7 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could always add this page to your internet favourites, most if not all browsers should have the function.

Message 8 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't imagine getting rid of my iPod as I have around 80GB of music on it and no phone can do that.  My husband and I also share the iPod which we couldn't do with a phone.

I also have a separate Kindle, the Paperwhite.  I find a phone too small to read from and the screen and is too bright in the sun (the same as my iPad, which is also too heavy to read comfortably).

It's whatever you feel happier with - I'm probably in the minority liking to keep everything separate!

Message 9 of 73

MI5
  • 145966 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
You could bookmark each page (but that would get a bit messy), print them off for future reference or click on your name and all the posts you have participated in will be shown.
Tagging may be useful for you but it would find everyones posts with the same tag so make your tag unique....

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 73