cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MUSIC:- iPod versus a Smartphone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Nokia touch & type phone, the contract on that runs out in about sometime say Nov/Dec time - I have a basic Kindle coming off Amazon shortly for reading - I am currently buying CDs off Amazon and playing them on (1) a mini tower system my son gave me several years ago now & (2) a personal flat 7"square electronic device I can plug headphones into, but I want something more personal/portable. After doing some research on Google about what the various portable electonic devices are about.I have come up with the iPod OR do I wait until later in the year when my phone is up for renewal & my free SKY tv goes off (to do with O2 going over to SKY for internet provision) & then Xmas would be coming up ..... & tie every thing up neatly and go for a smartphone? 

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't imagine getting rid of my iPod as I have around 80GB of music on it and no phone can do that. 

128Gb SD card wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

me to MI5:- I can't imagine me having that much music, but its just a bit of guessing really.

Can you tell me about message tagging please? Is it something to do with me being able to say (put away in a file a message I want to keep for future reference in an easily accessible placee on My O2?) ..... slight_smile

Message 12 of 73

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

Tag a message with "WispaRed7", like I have in this post, then search for that tag and you will find all posts thus tagged.

Also, clicking on the tag should find all similar tags.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

me to Forkingabout:- ty I've made a note with pen/paper of what U have messaged me - as I've asked just now on this thread/topic - I don't know what this thing about add a tag is - is it what I'm after ie how to keep relevant information I gather on O2 Community Forum in one easily accessible place - BUT if that's true how do I do this tagging thing ..... apologies for my funny ignorance ..... slight_smile

Message 14 of 73

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

BUT if that's true how do I do this tagging thing ..... apologies for my funny ignorance ..... slight_smile

In addition to the advice from MI5 you can also click on your own name to see your recent posts.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

me to Forkingabout:- ty I've made a note of the new phone out today, you have just told me about ..... Cat Happy

Message 16 of 73

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

To remember threads on this community and access them in my settings on here.

Go the the top of the thread and drop down topic options hit book mark.

Then when logged in select my settings > subscriptions & book marks > MY bookmarks and all the threads you want will be in there

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

me to Forkingabout:- Sorry, but that is something again I don't know how to do - when my son lived with me (he now lives in Morley, Leeds with his partner) well, Alex was my personal IT Guru ..... But he now & right properly has his own life & when we do speak on the phone or occassionally meet up, I generally want to make the most of my time with him & not waste with what he would consider small IT stuff & over the years since he has flown-the-nest there is so so much I don't knoe & there is no-where to go for help. There is a college in Skipton, where I live but it has become far too expensive on their courses, even their part-times ones .....ty Cat Happy

Message 18 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't imagine getting rid of my iPod as I have around 80GB of music on it and no phone can do that. 

128Gb SD card wink

But I don't want an Android phone! wink

Message 19 of 73

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
But I don't want an Android phone! wink

Doesn't have to be Android - just anything other than Apple LOL

Message 20 of 73