Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Business Customers

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Network connectivity keeps dropping

Since the issue with the 3G/4G network was resolved, we've now been experiencing regular issues with the network dropping out on 3 phones on a business account. This is happening on 2 iPhone 6s (No Service), and a new iPhone X (...). It happens at home or out and about including when in central London.

When this occurs, turning off and on (or turning Airplane Mode on and off on the iPhone X) sometimes restores the network connection but doesn't always resolve it. One phone seems to have now has lost network connectivity alltogether. All phones work on WiFi.

On the iPhone 6s when the netwro is lost a message pops up 'iPhone is not activated contact your carrier if this problem continues to occur - ignore/continue 

Don't get that message on the iPhone X

These 3 phones are on a business account that was recently changed with the upgrade to the iPhone X. So wondering if this has somehow affected connectivity on all 3 phones

Any thoughts or anyone having similar issues? Beginning to think issue may be with the config on the business account 

Topics: 522
Solutions: 10,718

Re: Network connectivity keeps dropping

I'd start by calling customer services on 8002 to have your settings and data tariff checked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 539
Solutions: 3,340

It would seem very much like your data bolt on has been changed.

Community Manager

Hi @Graecaro, did you get a chance to check in with Consumer Services since you last posted? Any progress?

Welcome to the forum!

Check out some of the recent discussions:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Review of the Samsung Galaxy A50 - Read our latest device review by member Poppysmum.
Priority tickets calendar! 24-30 June - Check out which tickets are going on sale or pre-sale this week on Priority!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 1: Joiner

Fixed! Problem started when I mistakenly ticked the box on my account page that added a data bar on the phones. I realised my error and contacted 8002 who told me they would remove the bar.

All seemed to be working OK for a day or so but then started to get the problems I mentioned. Over a couple of days I spoke with several people on 8002 but no one could understand the problem or see anything wrong with the account. Finally spoke with someone who spotted that the data bar had not been removed fully. He sorterd this over the phone and all working again.

So initially my ******-up, but took a while for support to spot where the issue lie. 

Topics: 522
Solutions: 10,718

Good news Smiley Happy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 539
Solutions: 3,340

Job sorted, it took a while but glad you sorted it smiling